Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How many children does Jim Gaffigan have? Stand-up comedian gives hilarious parenting advice on 'The View’

2023-07-26 12:29
Jim Gaffigan, who has five children with his wife Jeannie, recently spoke about parenting and what it is like to live with multiple teenagers on 'The View'
How many children does Jim Gaffigan have? Stand-up comedian gives hilarious parenting advice on 'The View’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Stand-up comedian, writer, producer, and actor Jim Gaffigan recently appeared on ‘The View’ and stole the show. Although Gaffigan wasn’t the only stand-up comedian present, given Joy Behar’s previous experience in the same field, the focus remained on Gaffigan, especially some of his parenting advice.

Apart from being known as a renowned stand-up comedian, who is currently promoting his special ‘Dark Pale’, he is also known for being a wonderful husband and father. Gaffigan has been married to his wife Jeannie Gaffigan since 2003 and has honed some great parenting skills over the years. On Tuesday, July 25, 2023, Gaffigan advised 'The View' hosts on how to deal with their children.

How many children does Jim Gaffigan have?

Gaffigan and his wife have five children, which makes him an experienced dad who can advise people when it comes to parenting. His oldest child is Marre, 19, followed by Jack, 17, then there’s Katie, 14, and finally, Michael and Patrick who are 11 and 10, respectively, as of 2023. Gaffigan has often talked about being a parent in interviews, and ‘The View’ hosts have sought some parenting advice from him this time.

‘It’s going to get harder’

Sara Haines was the first co-host to ask Gaffigan about parenting, to which Gaffigan responded, “Well, I just think you know your kids are seven and under, and I think it is fair to describe…that at this point you know nothing. You are obviously doing great, but you’re not even an alcoholic yet. It’s going to get harder, it’s going to get much harder and you will develop some calluses on your emotions, and that’s what being a parent is about.” Haines joked and responded, “That sounds like a really fun ride Jim.”

The next co-host who chimed in was Sunny Hostin, who has two children older than Haines’ children. Hostin then asked Gaffigan, “How are the teen years treating you in particular, because you have a 19, a 17, and a 14-year-old, all under the same roof in addition to a 12 and a 10.” To Hostin’s question, Gaffigan responded, “What you’re never used to…or there’s no expectation of how mean kids are, right? I mean my children treat me horribly. And if you don’t have kids or if you have young kids and you think – oh I would never let my kids do that…you would.” After Gaffigan earned a laugh from the audience and co-hosts, he continued, “But if I told a therapist how my children treated me but I didn’t say they were my children. If I was like – I live with these five people, they eat all my food, they treat me horribly, and if I address it, they yell at me, any therapist would be like…you should move out.” While ‘The View’ had the perfect amount of comedy with Gaffigan, it is unclear if the co-hosts got the parenting advice they had hoped for.