Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Britney Spears' 'memoir' factual? Singer reportedly removes scandalous details about mom and sister after reconciliation

2023-07-27 15:21
Britney Spears seems to have made peace with her mother and sister, months before the release of her memoir, 'The Woman In Me'
Is Britney Spears' 'memoir' factual? Singer reportedly removes scandalous details about mom and sister after reconciliation

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Just months before the release of her tell-all memoir 'The Woman In Me', Britney Spears made peace with her estranged family members, and as a result, a lot of "nasty" stuff about her mother, Lynne, and her sister, Jamie Lynn, was taken out of the book.

The 41-year-old pop star expressed her "rage" at how her family members handled her 13-year conservatorship in her book, sources close to her claimed. To mend her relationship with Lynne and Jamie Lynn, she reportedly "let all of this go" and decided to remove the most stinging portions from her autobiography.

Why did Britney Spears remove the 'nasty stuff' about her mother and sister?

According to the Daily Mail, sources claimed, "Britney was not asked by Lynne or Jamie Lynn to remove some of the nasty stuff she'd written about them. It was her own choice to do this," adding that when the pop star started writing her book, she was still dealing with feelings of resentment toward her family for how they behaved when she was still under the conservatorship.

Sources further claimed, "When [the book] was written, Britney did not have contact with [Lynne and Jamie Lynn], She was angry, desperate for answers and had just come out of 13 years of living hell. She didn't understand why they didn't save her. But she has since let all of this go. She is healing and her mom and sister are helping, and healing, too. Her relationship with Jamie Lynn is the best it has ever been."

After years of feuding, Spears and Jamie Lynn have agreed to let bygones be bygones. Sources claimed, "Britney and Jamie made a pact to never put each other down and keep everything family related within their three-woman family. There will be no more books after this."

Sources said that Spears and Jamie Lynn's relationship had improved, even though the latter had accused the former of some shocking things in her 2022 book, 'Things I Should Have Said'.

After the pop star and her sister reconciled on the sets of the latter's 'Zoey 102' reboot, Jamie Lynn told Variety, "I have nothing but absolute love for every single one of my family members. If I learned anything from last year, being so open and feeling like I had to defend myself at times, I don't feel like there's anything else that I need to say. I just have to leave it where it is because those conversations are meant to be personal. All I can focus on now is my girls, my husband and the work that I'm doing."

In May, Lynne took a flight from Kentwood to Los Angeles to surprise Spears at her Thousand Oaks home. Her efforts reportedly paid off because they spoke for 30 minutes about all the things that had fought about and were able to repair the damage done by the conservatorship. At the time, sources claimed that Lynn's primary goal was to get her daughters back together and that she would "not rest" until that was accomplished.

Sources claimed, "Lynne is begging Britney to make amends with her sister Jamie Lynn now. They are both leaning towards a yes. Lynne knows that Britney does miss her sister and she told her that the feeling is obviously mutual."

Britney Spears adds finishing touches to her memoir

Spears' memoir is almost ready to hit the stands as the singer has been providing some last minute finishing touches to the book. The book has already bagged the No 1 spot on Amazon, three months before its release.

The book will be published by Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books. A statement from the publisher stated that the book will "for the first time disclose her extraordinary journey (and) power at the center of one of the greatest performers in pop music history." The book reportedly "illuminates the enduring power of music and love — and the importance of a woman telling her own story, on her own terms," according to the publisher. 'The Woman In Me' is described as "a brave and astonishingly moving story about freedom, fame, motherhood, survival, faith, and hope."

The deal for the memoir is reportedly believed to be almost $15M and is considered "record breaking." Additionally, it reported that the memoir's release was delayed in May after two anonymous A-listers sent letters to the publisher expressing concerns about how they may be portrayed in the book.