Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How old was Joe Keery when he was cast as Steve Harrington? 'Stranger Things' star feels 'it's time' for series to end

2023-08-29 18:48
Joe Keery said, 'Everything has a beginning and the middle and an end'
How old was Joe Keery when he was cast as Steve Harrington? 'Stranger Things' star feels 'it's time' for series to end

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: As the beloved Netflix series 'Stranger Things' prepares to bid farewell, its star Joe Keery, known for his portrayal of Steve Harrington, admits to grappling with mixed emotions.

At the time of filming, Keery, who is now 31, stood a decade younger, having been merely 23 years old. Acknowledging the bittersweet nature of the series finale, he stated, "It does feel like it’s time," adding, "It won't be easy for it to end."

Joe Keery's journey with 'Stranger Things'

Keery delved into the profound impact that his time on 'Stranger Things' has had on him. Reflecting on the journey, he noted, "I owe my whole career to being on that show, and all the opportunities that I had since are because of that show. So, it’s very convoluted. There's a sense of relief, there's a sense of sadness," reported Decider.

'Stranger Things', which premiered on Netflix in 2016 after being turned down by multiple other platforms, has not only become a cultural phenomenon but has also propelled young talents like Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, and Gaten Matarazzo into the limelight. Among these rising stars, Keery's character has also significantly evolved throughout the show's four seasons.

How old was Millie Bobby Brown when she was cast as Eleven?

Millie Bobby Brown, who portrayed the enigmatic Eleven when she was just 11, shared a similar sentiment regarding the show's conclusion. "I think I'm ready. It's been such a huge factor in part of my life, but it's like graduating high school — it's like senior year. You're ready to go and blossom and flourish, and you're grateful for the time you've had, but it's time to create your own message and live your own life," she expressed.

As production on the series' final installment, Season 5, faced delays due to writers' and actors' strikes, Keery expressed his readiness to resume filming when circumstances allow. “I guess my goal is to just really soak it up as much as I can while we’re doing it and not take any of it for granted because it’s been an amazing ride with such great people,” he said. “And then once it’s done, move forward and try to just hold on to the joy that we had when we were making it.”

Who are the cast members for season 5 of Stranger Things?

Looking ahead to Season 5, viewers can anticipate appearances by series regular Winona Ryder, alongside Jamie Campbell Bower and 'Terminator' star Linda Hamilton in undisclosed roles.

As Keery's chapter in Hawkins, Indiana nears its conclusion, he maintains a profound understanding of storytelling's inevitable endings. "Everything has a beginning and the middle and an end," he reflected. "It'll be nice to have the end of this too."

What does Joe Keery do to his hair?

Keery's haircare routine involves a meticulous approach. Once his hair is completely dried, he strategically utilizes the cream identified as Baxter of California Grooming along with Clay Pomade.

This combination not only enhances the grip of his hairstyle but also imparts a distinct, disconnected effect that adds to his signature look. Additionally, Keery deftly employs his fingertips, ensuring that every strand is perfectly in place, even in moments of uncertainty.

Tags news epcelebs