Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jackie Evancho talks candidly about mental health struggles, unveils the inspiration behind 'Get Out of My Life'

2023-06-27 08:16
'I kind of believe it is partly causing my disordered eating, my anxieties, and all those other things on the list,' said Jackie Evancho
Jackie Evancho talks candidly about mental health struggles, unveils the inspiration behind 'Get Out of My Life'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jackie Evancho has shared the inspiration behind her latest track, ‘Get Out of My Life!’ The famed singer of 'America’s Got Talent' took to her Instagram account and posted a video clip. "It took me a bit to work up the courage to do this," she said on the video.

"I'm talking about something that's very personal... And it's something I think we all struggle with because of these societal pressures to attain something that is just not attainable — and that is perfection," Evancho continued. The 23-year-old singer also talked about how growing up in the industry made her realize the "need to be perfect," and "chasing that perfection created these deep pressures in me that I put on myself to this very day." Evancho further opened up about her issues and said, "I kind of believe it is partly causing my disordered eating, my anxieties, and all those other things on the list."

'I want to take my power back'

Her video post read, “Recently I’ve discovered something that I had all along…my voice. I want to take my power back, be bold when facing my past demons, and share what I learn through my music. Being imperfect is perfectly ok, and that’s exactly how this song came to be. Enjoy. #JackieEvancho #Music#NewMusic #MentalHealth#SingerSongwriter #NotPerfect#PerfectlyImperfect #Selfcare#Perfection #Imperfection.” Evancho followed it with the song post, ‘Get Out of My Life,’ which she wrote in 2022, "As I've gotten older I've realized I don't need everybody's approval," she said before adding "I don't need everybody to like me or what I sound like."

'No, I'm going to fight this'

The talented young singer talked about her struggle with anorexia back in July 2022, "They were abnormal breaks, breaks that you see in 80-year-olds. That's how I learned that my eating problems created osteoporosis. So now I'm a 22-year-old with osteoporosis." She further added, "I had to eat [for my bones] to heal, and that really messed me up with my eating problems, because I was gaining weight to heal. Once I finally healed, my disorder said, 'OK, now you've got to be really hard on yourself to get all of that out of you…and then some,'" reports People.

Talking about the ''dark and painful'' times, Evancho said, "Since I was a kid I've put so much blood, sweat, and tears into my career, and to see that sort of fade away because of this demon in my head? No, I'm going to fight this now because you can't take this one thing from me.”

Tags news epcelebs