Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Seth Meyers awes fans with 'breathless' segment on 5 months' worth of headlines during 'Late Night' return

2023-10-03 19:26
Seth Meyers took a moment to express his gratitude to a select few before the hour-long 'Closer Look' segment
Seth Meyers awes fans with 'breathless' segment on 5 months' worth of headlines during 'Late Night' return

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Seth Meyers, like the other members of Strike Force Five, made a glorious comeback to 'Late Night' on Monday, October 2 after the end of the 148-day writers' strike.

The hugely popular show starring Seth Meyers featured a "breathless" segment that covered five months' worth of news.

Meyers made the decision to revamp his show's format. Instead of doing in-depth interviews with A-list celebrities, he opted to make his writers the center of attention and put their talents to the test by transforming the entire evening into one massive "A Closer Look" section.

Seth Meyers returns to 'Late Night' show

Meyers took a moment to express his gratitude to a select few before the hour-long "Closer Look" segment, per AV Club.

"I never take this show for granted, but being away from it for as long as I’ve been away from it, really hits home how much I love having this as a workplace," said the host.

After appealing to the audience to "just bear with me while I try to get through this," Meyers launched into a roughly two-minute outburst in which he hastily spewed forth five months' worth of headlines, starting with Monday's major stories.

Meyers didn't even take a breather, let alone employ a segue, as he addressed his audience on the myriad ways in which Washington, DC has turned into the Wild West since 'Late Night' ended on May 2.

Seth Meyers stuns viewers with 'breathless' segment

The host of 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' left viewers breathless with a segment on five months' worth of headlines.

A user on X, formerly called Twitter, wrote, "Poor Seth, I don't know how he kept his breath! And just like Wally too, he must have had to change cue cards faster in his career lol."

One fan quipped, "My god! How much cocaine did that rant require?" "Great hilarious #ACloserLook Bravo Seth #LNSM," mentioned another. One person noted, "YES MY ROMAN EMPIRE," in the segment where the host thanked executives at NBC.

"Stayed up to watch and worth it. Best return show of all late shows," claimed another.

Tags news