Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Sophie Turner's line from 'Do Revenge' becomes viral meme as 'GoT' star's fans take on Joe Jonas amid divorce

2023-09-07 16:25
Sophie Turner's supposed 'homebody' tendencies stand in stark contrast to the rumors surrounding her partying habits amid divorce, which led to the deluge of memes on the internet
Sophie Turner's line from 'Do Revenge' becomes viral meme as 'GoT' star's fans take on Joe Jonas amid divorce

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Amid her divorce from Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner's memorable "cocaine" scene from Netflix's 'Do Revenge' has taken the internet by storm, prompting a flurry of social media reactions.

Once upon a time, Joe Jonas perceived his estranged wife Sophie Turner as a "homebody," a perception that has since come into question amid rumors that her love for the nightlife played a role in their divorce. Reports suggest that their differing lifestyles ultimately led to their separation.

A source told TMZ, "She likes to party; he likes to stay at home. They have very different lifestyles." Shortly after, the Jonas Brothers frontman formally filed for divorce, citing that their marriage was "irretrievably broken."

Nevertheless, amid the stars' turmoil, social media users found humor in the situation.

A viral meme posted by user @KnightGambit has captured the essence of the moment, with Jonas asking Turner, "Have you been out partying again Sophie?" To which, the actress responds with her iconic line, "I don't do cocaine" from her role in Netflix's 'Do Revenge'.

For those who might not be in on the joke, here's a quick backstory:

In the 2022 film 'Do Revenge', Turner briefly appeared as Erica Norman. The movie, featuring Riverdale's Camila Mendes and 'Stranger Things' Maya Hawke, revolves around exacting revenge on high school nemeses, inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's 'Strangers on a Train'.

In one scene, Mendes' character frames Erica by planting cocaine in her belongings, leading to her expulsion from a tennis camp.

As Erica is dragged away, Turner's character explodes with the memorable line, "I don't do cocaine!" The scene gained substantial online attention, with many praising Turner's commitment to her character's outburst.

Now, it appears that social media is using this scene to poke fun at Jonas and Turner's marital woes, and the meme has ignited a wave of responses from other users.

One user humorously imagined Turner asking Jonas if he needs anything from the grocery store, to which Jonas responds, "No, I'm fine." When Sophie leaves, he exclaims, "She is NEVER HOME!"

Another user playfully referenced 'Game of Thrones' and joked, "Pretty sure Winterfell has a shortage of Coke..."

Someone else channeled Turner's supposed party spirit and said, "I'm sorry, Joe, but I can't help it. I'm a party animal! I love to dance, I love to drink, and I love to have a good time. I know it drives you crazy, but I can't help it. I'm just a party girl!"

It seems Jonas may have been under the wrong impression that Turner was a "homebody". A resurfaced TikTok Q&A video from 2020 shows the former couple being asked who the "homebody in the relationship" was. Jonas, 34, pointed at Turner, who, at 27, agreed, emphasizing her love for staying in.

This isn't the first time Turner has confessed to enjoying her downtime at home. During the pandemic, she shared in an interview with Conan O'Brien that she was relishing quarantine, stating, "I'm an introvert, I'm a homebody. If I could stay at home all day, I would, so this is great for me."

She humorously added that to practice social distancing, "all you have to do is stay at home and get drunk."

However, she also noted that Jonas is "a real social butterfly" and that quarantine, while a boon for her, might have felt like a prison for him.

Turner even disclosed that when Jonas did Instagram Live DJ sets during the pandemic, it was he who requested shots of tequila.

That said, Turner's supposed "homebody" tendencies stand in stark contrast to the rumors surrounding her partying habits, hence, the deluge of memes on the internet.

Tags news epcelebs