Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm going to miss him': Niall Horan opens up about Blake Shelton, recalls what he said after winning 'The Voice'

2023-06-08 08:18
'When we left the seat, they announced the winner and I stood up, and then he came for a big hug. I gave him a big hug,' said Niall Horan
'I'm going to miss him': Niall Horan opens up about Blake Shelton, recalls what he said after winning 'The Voice'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Niall Horan has recently shared what Blake Shelton told him after he won 'The X-Factor' show. Team Niall’s head on season 23 of ‘The Voice’ said "When we left the seat, they announced the winner and I stood up, and then he came for a big hug. I gave him a big hug, and he said, 'I taught you everything you know.' That's all he said, not congratulations or anything."

Apparently, Horan believed he had a real friend in Shelton, 46, "I'm going to miss him. He is not one of those famous friends, in my eyes. I think if I had met him outside of 'The Voice', I would have probably been friends with him anyway," Horan said before adding "Weirdly enough, we've got a lot in common, we’re quite similar people. Though not in dress sense." The 29-year-old singer is set to come back for season 24 next year and rub shoulders with Reba McEntire, John Legend, and Shelton's wife Gwen Stefani.

'She was so funny and so cool'

Horan further said, "I'm going to miss [Blake], but I get to work with the other half of that marriage". "I met Gwen at the afterparty for this season's Voice. She came and surprised Blake on the last night, and she was so funny and so cool, so I'm excited," he added. The man who powered Miles to win, Horan re-lived his time as a contestant on 'The X Factor' back in 2010. "[The X Factor] did come into play more than I thought it would, or more than I thought I would allow it to," said a former One Direction member," according to People.

'I knew what I was getting myself into'

"Being there with the contestants every week, picking songs, keeping them calm — because it's crazy how talented these young kids are, and with that level of talent comes a level of seriousness, and I was always trying to get them to enjoy it," said Horan.“Having come from a show like that, it felt normal to be doing The Voice to me. If I was just a singer and I hadn't been on a show like that before, I'm sure I would have been a bit more deer in the headlights, but I knew what I was getting myself into, and I think it was helpful," he recalled.

Recently, Niall Horan performed for Spotify at a live concert.