Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kristen Welker confirms Laura Jarrett as her replacement on 'Today', disappointed fans say 'you'll be missed'

2023-08-11 12:23
‘Today’ show recently announced a major change for its weekend coverage which has left fans disappointed
Kristen Welker confirms Laura Jarrett as her replacement on 'Today', disappointed fans say 'you'll be missed'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ show recently announced a major change for its weekend coverage which has left fans disappointed.

The morning show announced the replacement of host Kristen Welker with a new hire, Laura Jarrett, a senior legal correspondent for ‘NBC News’.

‘Today’ hosts such as Craig Melvin and Savannah Guthrie took to their Instagram to welcome Jarrett on the show to cover Saturday news alongside Peter Alexander and Joe Fryer at Studio 1A.

Welker, who was presenting the 'Today' weekend desk prior to this decision, will now take on a new role as the moderator for 'Meet The Press'. She will continue to co-anchor the Saturday News on 'Today' until the end of August.

embed Instagram post

Kristen Welker’s warm welcome to Laura Jarrett

‘Today’ host Kristen Welker took to her Instagram to congratulate and welcome Jarrett. Welker announced that she would be replaced on the weekend desk in a post and revealed her replacement.

It is reportedly confirmed that Jarrett will be joining Peter Alexander on the weekend of September 9.

Welker’s snap featuring Jarrett on television, accompanied by comprehensive information displayed beneath her lends an official statement to the occasion.

She captioned the post, “Congratulations to my friend @laurajarrett! I’m so excited to watch her and @peteralexandertv on @todayshow every Saturday!"

‘I will miss you like crazy'

The announcement of Welker stepping down from her anchor position on ‘Today’ has sent shockwaves through devoted fans, leaving them deeply saddened by the news of her departure.

Many fans have expressed their heartfelt emotions and shared their disappointment over Welker’s replacement by Jarrett.

One user wrote, “You’ll be missed on Saturdays, love seeing you and Peter!! Now I’ll start watching Meet The Press”, and another added, “I will miss you like crazy! You & Peter are so natural together, really a FABULOUS TEAM! Will definitely follow you on Meet The Press!”

One more fan wrote, “Wait what? Kristen where are you going ? I sincerely will miss you -Always Loved your broadcasting -Congrats to Laura. Hopefully to stay home & be a full-time Mommy???” and another said, “Where is the beautiful Kristen going?”

One fan expressed their opinion on the replacement, “Kudos to you Kristen .. Now I ll be watching MTP again ! You had such great chemistry with Peter and it will be hard to replicate!!”

Another commented, “Will miss you! I hope Laura can exude the same warmth, wit and kindness you always bring to the Sat Today! You and Peter have made a great team- your friendship shining through. But you are a great addition to MTP! You will continue to shine!!”