Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Five' host Tulsi Gabbard warns Michelle Grisham's gun control efforts could harm Democratic Party

2023-09-18 12:15
'The Five' hosts had discussed Michelle Grisham's gun ban attempts being blocked by the Attorney General and the Sheriff from ABQ
'The Five' host Tulsi Gabbard warns Michelle Grisham's gun control efforts could harm Democratic Party

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Tulsi Gabbard recently stated that New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham's efforts to implement stricter gun control measures could have a negative impact on the Democratic Party.

Gabbard has temporarily occupied the fifth seat on Fox News' 'The Five' over the past few days, where she voiced her opposition to the governor. She drew from her own experiences as a former Congresswoman who departed from the party due to ideological differences.

The New Mexico Governor has faced criticism from within the Democratic Party, with multiple members opposing her for her efforts to implement a temporary ban on firearms possession in the city of ABQ.

Tulsi Gabbard questions Michelle Grisham's leadership abilities

During a recent episode of 'The Five,' the hosts engaged in a discussion regarding Governor Grisham's unsuccessful attempts to enforce a gun ban, which were thwarted by both the Attorney General and the Sheriff from ABQ.

This move has been deemed "unconstitutional" because it infringes upon American citizens' Second Amendment rights to bear arms.

When questioned by segment leader Jesse Watters about whether Grisham's actions would lead to more Democrats disassociating from the party, Gabbard promptly asserted that it was already taking place.

"I think we are seeing it happen in real-time here," the former Democrat said, "When you have the Democrat Attorney General, you have the Sherrif, you even have the ACLU there in New Mexico coming out against what this Governor has done. I think it's very telling of the direction we are headed in."

Gabbard further noted that she and Grisham had both served together in Congress and raised concerns about the governor's capacity to effectively lead the state.

"In the military, in combat, leaders are tested," Gabbard said, referring to the time when she served in the military, "When you are in a situation under pressure, will you able to think clearly? Will you be able to make decisions and still execute the mission? She's clearly under pressure and is acting frantically and non-sensically basically saying, 'Well, somebody's gotta do something and I'm doing something!'"

Gabbard also emphasized that Grisham was "violating" the constitutional rights of not only American citizens but also those of her state's residents.

"She even admitted to a local reporter who said 'Hey, will criminals abide by your temporary ban?' and she said no!" the former congresswoman pointed out.

Michelle Grisham negatively affects the anti-gun movement

Host Dana Perino chimed in, suggesting that Grisham's efforts to impose a gun ban had indeed posed a setback for the broader anti-gun movement.

"If you have the ACLU say you're crazy, that is probably not very good for you," the regular host said, "She didn't even talk to anybody in the state beforehand so now she's at odds with her own Attorney General and the police. She's flailing around saying 'Why is nobody else doing something?'."

Perino also went on to suggest that Grisham's move could be in response to the party losing hope in President Joe Biden.

"They are trying to figure out 'How can I get some attention?' and 'What is the issue that will help me get attention?'" Perino said.