Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Sarah Snook reveals she welcomed first child with husband Dave Lawson in heartwarming farewell post for ‘Succession’

2023-05-30 12:52
Sarah Snooke shared a photo of herself watching the finale while holding her newborn in her arms
Sarah Snook reveals she welcomed first child with husband Dave Lawson in heartwarming farewell post for ‘Succession’

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sarah Snook recently revealed that she has welcomed her first child with husband Dave Lawson in a heartwarming farewell post for ‘Succession,’ which aired its final episode on May 28. The actress shared a photo of herself watching the finale while holding her newborn in her arms. “It’s hard to express what this show has meant to me. The places I got to go, the immense talent I got to work with…it breaks my heart that it is all over. But my heart had to be this full of all the memories, good times, challenges and triumphs, to be able to break at all…so that makes me grateful,” she wrote.

“To have been blessed to join this crazy adventure of a show will be a career highlight, which will no doubt be hard to top. I am so, so proud and humbled by everyone’s hard work season after season: we all set the bar high for each other, then exceeded it and excelled, in every department,” Snook continued. “The friendships, the scripts, the locations, the one liners, the early mornings, the last minute changes, all the highs and lows: I’m going to miss it all. The people of this show are a talented bunch, and I’m proud to have worked alongside them, it’s the people I will miss most of all,” she added. “I just watched the final episode of the final season of something that has changed my life. And now, my life has changed again. Thank you for all the love and support,” the actress concluded.

READ MORE

Who is Sarah Snook's husband? 'Succession' actress announces pregnancy at Season 4 premiere

Missing Sarah Snook’s sparkling performance as Shiv Roy in ‘Succession’? Here's where you can catch her next

‘Already a much better mom than Shiv’

Fans and well-wishers were quick to congratulate Snook for new baby as well as the successful completion of her show. “Incredible mate. Congratulations,” wrote Australian actor Patrick Brammall. “Congratulations Sarah. (And a second congratulations on that little head too in frame too),” added actress Phoebe Tonkin. “Immortal work, Sarah. Congratulations. (And the Bub!!)” Australian journalist Virginia Trioli wrote. “Congratulations on so many fronts - particularly your real life world. You are a spectacular actor. Just brilliant news all round really – well, apart from ‘Tom,’” commented ‘The Morning Show’ commentator Melissa Hoyer.

One fan mentioned, “You navigated everything you mention in your post with such grace, and kindness, and patience, you gave the best of yourself - and I have no doubt you will navigate this next chapter of your life the same way. You’re a beautiful human being, Sarah Snook,” while another said, “and love to see your little one watching with you!!! you’re already a much better mom than shiv.”

How did Sarah Snook and Dave Lawson meet?

Snook and Lawson first met back in 2014 and immediately became friends. The former even made a guest appearance on Lawson's online talk show, 'Dave’s Shed Show,' but their relationship continued to remain platonic as they were never “single at the same time.” “We've been friends since 2014, lived together, traveled together, always excited to see each other, but totally platonic,” Snook told Vogue Australia in November 2021.

Their six years of friendship eventually turned into romance during the COVID-19 lockdown when the pair quarantined together in 2020. “At the beginning of the pandemic last year, I got locked down in Melbourne with one of my best mates and we fell in love,” Snook told the publication.

When did Sarah Snook and Dave Lawson get married?

Snook reportedly got down on one knee to propose to Lawson on Halloween 2020, the Independent reported. The couple then tied the knot in February 2021 in an intimate ceremony held at the backyard of the former’s Brooklyn home. The private event was attended by Snook’s housemates and her ‘Succession’ co-star Ashley Zukerman.

Lawson and Snook’s marriage remained a secret for nearly eight months before they shared the news. “It’s been a ride,” Snook told Vogue. “There’s so much heartache and sadness in the world, but on a micro personal level, I’ve been very fortunate,” she added. Speaking to The Telegraph earlier this year she said the wedding is “still such a shock and surprise” for the couple. “We still get a kick out of it,” Snook revealed.

Snook first announced her pregnancy in March while flaunting her baby bump at the season 4 premiere of Succession in New York City. At the time she said she was 32 weeks pregnant. Prior to welcoming her own child, the actress was already a stepmother to Lawson’s baby boy from a previous relationship. “I have a stepson, but this is my first baby that’s come out of me,” Snook shared during an appearance on the ‘Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.’

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news