Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Richard Gere, 73, is the ‘happiest man in the universe’ with Alejandra Silva despite age difference of 33

2023-05-16 17:47
Alenjandra Silva said her 'life has changed' after converting to Buddhism when she married Richard Gere
Richard Gere, 73, is the ‘happiest man in the universe’ with Alejandra Silva despite age difference of 33

NORTH SALEM, NEW YORK: Richard Gere and his wife, Alejandra Silva, recently went to “paradise” with their children to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary. Silva took to Instagram to share photos from their holiday. One of her posts was a romantic photo. She captioned it, “For many more years...happy anniversary my love.”

The photo received thousands of likes and many comments. A fan said, “Happiest of Anniversaries to a gorgeous couple.” Another wrote, “What a beautiful picture!!! Congratulations and a huge kiss to both of you.” A third one commented, “Happiest anniversary beautiful couple. Stay blessed.” A fourth wrote, “What a beauty of a picture!!! Plasma a lifetime of love. Happy ever after. My favorite actor. Blessings!”

RELATED NEWS

Richard Gere, 73, hospitalized in Mexico during family vacation

Richard Gere, 73, and wife Alejandra Silva, 39, ooze charm in rare NYC red carpet appearance

‘Beautiful Family in Every Way’

Silva then put up another Instagram post and captioned it, “We organize this incredible trip for our anniversary and Mother’s Day to paradise! Thanks, @horizontal_travel @all4one.travel and of course my wonderful husband for The best Mother’s Day ever!” The post attracted comments such as, “Best wishes beautiful children,” “What a beautiful photograph //// Have a great time,” “So Happy for You! Beautiful Family in Every Way,” and “Happy Mother’s Day!! Enjoy celebrating your Anniversary and Mother’s Day!!”

The 73-year-old actor and his 40-year-old wife have been married for five years despite their 33-year age gap. As per reports, the two first met when Silva was a child but in 2014, they met again at an Italian hotel, where Silva was working as a manager at that time. Gere shared with Hello! about their meeting, “A friend introduced us, we looked at each other and felt a very strong connection. We couldn't stop looking at each other all night, and since then we haven't been apart.”

‘When there's such a strong karmic energy, the problems disappear’

Silva once told PEOPLE, “Our karma was attracted the moment we saw each other. I'm not ignoring our age difference and what it means to be with a Hollywood star, but when there's such a strong karmic energy, the problems disappear.”

Initially, the couple was in a long-distance relationship but later Silva made New York her home. Eventually, in 2018, the coupled exchanged vows and also hosted a wedding party on Cinco de Mayo at Gere's estate in New York's Pound Ridge. Before marriage, the publicist converted to Buddhism as the ‘Pretty Woman’ star followed the same. She told HELLO, “I'll be eternally grateful to him. No doubt about it, thanks to Buddhism my life has changed.”

‘I feel very lucky’

Silva said that she was madly in love with Gere. She reportedly said, “He is the most humble, sensitive, affectionate, attentive, funny, generous man that I've ever met. What can I say? I'm so in love! How would you feel if each morning you were asked, 'What would make you happy today?' Not a day goes by that he doesn't mention how important I am to him. I feel very lucky.”

The ‘American Gigolo’ actor also feels the same for his wife as he stated, “I'm the happiest man in the universe. How could I not be? I'm married to a beautiful woman who is smart, sensitive, committed to helping people, who's fun, patient, who knows how to forgive, who's a great cook – and who makes the best salads in the world!”

‘If I do something, I put 100 percent effort in’

“Alejandra meditates, she's a vegetarian, a great mother, has the touch of an angel... and she's also Spanish: the land of kings and queens, of Cervantes and Bunuel... You can't get any better than that,” Gere gushed.

Gere and Silva are now also parents to two little boys. Their first son was born in 2019 and their second in 2020. Both of them have children from their previous relationships as well. However, there is more to Silva as she was very passionate about her Rais Foundation, which works towards solving the homelessness crisis in Spain.

She once claimed, as per Closer Weekly, “I’ve slept on the street to understand the struggle of the homeless. I’m not scared of rolling up my sleeves and diving into work. If I do something, I put 100 percent effort in. If I can’t, I’d rather not do it.”

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news