Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joss Stone's five-minute songs

2023-10-15 15:21
Joss Stone and Dave Stewart know one another so well, they now take just five minutes to write a song together.
Joss Stone's five-minute songs

Joss Stone and Dave Stewart take just five minutes to write a song together.

The musicians have been close friends for years and have worked together so many times, they know exactly how to get the best of one another and waste no time when it comes to penning new material.

Joss, 36, told Britain's HELLO! magazine: "It takes Dave and I about five minutes to write a song.

"For example, we wrote the title track for 'Never Forget My Love' in the middle of a dinner party, when Dave just picked up his guitar and I started singing with him."

The 'Super Duper Love' hitmaker has most recently been working with Dave, 71, on the score for 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and the Eurythmics legend knew immediately he wanted to work with Joss on the project because of the story's subject matter.

He said: "Because the musical puts a strong, independent woman at the centre, I thought I should write it with a strong, independent woman.

"I know Joss would be really good. She does everything her way."

Responding to Dave's praise, Joss said: "That makes me feel very happy. Dave is the biggest champion of women and he's always in my corner."

The musical, which is an adaption of the Audrey Niffenegger's internationally best-selling novel of the same name, follows sculptor Clare who falls in love with a man called Henry, though their story is put under stress after Henry unknowingly travels through time.

And Joss admitted she was in "floods of tears" when she heard the cast run through the script for the West End production for the first time.

She said: "I was in floods of tears when I heard the script read-through. It gets me because it's such a human story, when you look beyond the illusion of the time travel."