Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Jonnie Irwin OK? 'A Place in the Sun' host Jonnie Irwin undergoes hyperbaric oxygen treatment amid terminal lung cancer

2023-10-10 05:49
'It’s great for people with my condition,' said Jonnie Irwin while sharing his experience of using hyperbaric oxygen at home
Is Jonnie Irwin OK? 'A Place in the Sun' host Jonnie Irwin undergoes hyperbaric oxygen treatment amid terminal lung cancer

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jonnie Irwin, who revealed his terminal lung cancer diagnosis in 2022, has turned to a new form of treatment as he continues to battle the disease.

On Friday, October 6, the TV presenter took to Instagram to post a series of pictures to share his positive experience of using a hyperbaric oxygen chamber at home.

Jonnie Irwin said hyperbaric oxygen chamber is 'perfect' for him

Expressing his happiness and comfort in using the chamber, Irwin said, "It’s great for people with my condition but also for recovery from injuries and general wellness. I’m not gonna preach but if you’re interested Google it- you’ll be surprised!"

"This chamber is perfect for me, no feelings of claustrophobia and it’s just big enough to get my favourite comfy chair in it!" he continued.

"I actually look forward to each session knowing that it’s doing me good whilst being able to do a bit of work (watching Netflix shhh!) I’m currently in it now!" he concluded the post with hashtags "#hbot #hyperbaricoxygentherapy #netflix."

What are hyperbaric oxygen chambers?

Hyperbaric oxygen chambers are known for their multiple medical applications for conditions including carbon monoxide poisoning, severe anemia, burns, radiation injuries, crushing injuries, and traumatic injuries, among others.

These chambers are also used for the treatment of scuba and deep-sea divers who are affected by rapid pressure change.

The hyperbaric oxygen chambers create an environment where patients can breathe 100% oxygen under increased atmospheric pressure, according to the FDA.

Jonnie Irwin emotionally shared he wants 'to make memories' with his children

In November 2022, the 49-year-old property expert, who hosts the real-estate show 'Escape to the Country,' opened up about his terminal cancer diagnosis after it spread from his lung to the brain, according to People.

Following the diagnosis, the 'A Place in the Sun' star has maintained a positive outlook as he said, "I am living with cancer rather than dying from cancer," hoping to make lasting memories with his 40-year-old wife Jessica and their three children, three-year-old Rex, and two-year-old twins Rafa and Cormac.

Speaking to The Sun in 2022, Iriwn said, "I want to make those memories for Jess even if the kids don't remember it."

"So if she looks at the photo album when I'm long gone she can say to the boys, 'Here's the time your dad chucked you in a pool' or, 'Here's the time we went for that day out,'" he said.

"I want to make memories and capture these moments with my family because the reality is, my boys are going to grow up not knowing their dad and that breaks my heart," he added.

Tags news