Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Daniel Radcliffe shares his 'awesome' journey into fatherhood on 'Today' with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager

2023-10-27 15:58
Daniel Radcliffe said, 'It’s crazy and intense, but he’s wonderful and Erin is amazing, it’s a real privilege also to have this time with him'
Daniel Radcliffe shares his 'awesome' journey into fatherhood on 'Today' with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe recently reflected on his six-month-old baby boy with partner Erin Darke on ‘Today’ show with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager.

Radcliffe made an appearance on ‘Today’ show and candidly opened up about his journey of six months as a father.

Broadway’s ‘Merrily We Roll Along’ stars Radcliffe, Lindsay Mendez, and Jonathan Groff also joined Kotb and Hager to talk about their Broadway show and their off-stage friendship, and answered some rapid-fire questions.

Daniel Radcliffe on fatherhood

Daniel Radcliffe dropped on a recent episode of ‘Today’ show and gave an update on becoming a father earlier this year after welcoming a son with longtime partner Erin Darke.

He said, “It’s awesome. I think a lot of people said, like, 'Just get through the first six months, then after that, it gets better’. But I've kind of really enjoyed the first six months."

When questioned about whether the experience matched his expectations, Radcliffe responded, "I don't know what I imagined, honestly. But it's great. He's incredible and I'm just, like, in awe."

Radcliffe and Darke welcomed their baby towards the end of April this year. Although the couple hasn’t shared the child’s name or birthdate, they were reportedly seen with their baby in a chest carrier in New York in July.

During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Radcliffe revealed that he planned to take time off to focus on parenting.

He said, “It’s great. It’s crazy and intense, but he’s wonderful and Erin is amazing. It’s a real privilege also to have this time with him.”

“I was always going to take some time off, which not everyone is able to do, and so I’m able to kind of just be here with him a lot, which is lovely,” he added.

He also revealed that he and Darke welcomed a baby boy during his interview.

Where did Daniel Radcliffe and Erin Darke meet for the first time?

Daniel Radcliffe and Erin Darke first crossed paths on the set of the 2013 movie ‘Kill Your Darlings.’

In a 2019 interview with People, Radcliffe mused about the prospect of sharing with their future children how they came to be a couple.

He said, “It’ll be a hell of a story to tell our kids one day because of what our characters do with each other.”

Radcliffe then described an intimate scene adding, “That’s how we met. That was the beginning of our beautiful relationship.”