Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a dad on 'FUBAR', but relationship with lovechild Joseph Baena was frosty

2023-05-25 14:46
'I mean, my dad is a stallion. He's a man's man, I like to think, and I look up to him a lot,' Joseph Baena said about Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a dad on 'FUBAR', but relationship with lovechild Joseph Baena was frosty

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Arnold Schwarzenegger can be seen rarely on the silver screen nowadays, when he isn’t busy with politics, he takes out time to get back to his action hero days. Recently, the star took on the role as Netflix’s Chief Action Hero as he appeared in a promo featuring footage of the streaming network’s upcoming action series and films. What’s more is that the actor will also be seen in one of the shows on Netflix titled ‘FUBAR’.

Schwarzenegger’s family also came out to support him on Monday, May 22, at the Los Angeles premiere of the Netflix show ‘FUBAR’. His fifth and youngest child, Joseph Baena, who was the actor’s once-secret 'love child' with his former housekeeper, Mildred Baena, also came along to cheer for him. “It’s always cute seeing his vulnerable, little fatherly side. I love it,” he said about his father’s work on the show, reports Variety. However, this camaraderie between the ‘Terminator’ star and his son was the result of a slow and steady process; it took some time for the ice to thaw between the father and son whose relationship was subject to a lot of media scrutiny.

RELATED ARTICLES

What is 'FUBAR' about? Plot of Netflix action-comedy show starring Arnold Schwarzenegger explained

Who stars in Netflix's 'FUBAR'? Meet cast of Arnold Schwarzenegger starrer action-comedy series

'It took a little while for me and him to get really close'

Talking about his bond with Schwarzenegger, Baena expressed, "My relationship with my dad it took a little while for me and him to get really close and just [feel] like I can joke around with him and talk about anything." During a conversation with Sylvester Stallone's daughters – Sistine and Sophia Stallone – in January 2022 on their podcast, 'Unwaxed', Schwarzenegger said, "I grew up with my mom and I was always nervous and I didn't want him to think bad of me and be like, 'What the heck is this guy doing? He's just partying all the time.' Now it's like awesome. I'm so close to my dad and we joke about everything." And added that his father "always wants to hear about the drama. He's like, 'Tell me everything, tell me about the drama, tell me about the girls.'"

'My dad is a stallion'

During an interview with E! News, Baena, who appeared on Season 31 of 'Dancing With The Stars' on September 19, 2022, and who is following his father's footsteps to make a mark in acting world, revealed why he doesn’t use his father's last name. He said, "There's a few different variables in that. But that's just not my main priority at the moment, so I'm just focused on building myself up and building my career in acting and real estate and just focusing on that right now." He went on to say, "I mean, my dad is a stallion. He's a man's man, I like to think, and I look up to him a lot. So in a way, he's influenced a lot of things: the path that I have taken with acting, with fitness and my physique and the many other things that I'm doing."

Tags news