Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Katie Holmes rocks the double denim look in NYC after revealing why musicals aren't her thing

2023-05-24 19:18
Apart from the Cannes Film Festival, Katie also took the stage to speak at an event called 'Women On The Move' thrown by the French luxury goods group Kering.
Katie Holmes rocks the double denim look in NYC after revealing why musicals aren't her thing

NEW YORK CITY: Katie Holmes was seen dashing through NYC after her quick Cannes adventure on May 23. Although the glitzy events in the south of France continue, it seems that Katie, 44, has completed her engagements and returned to America.

She wore a breezy denim top with an exquisite lattice fabric on her most recent outing, tucking it in to highlight her tiny waistline. Katie, who has a 17-year-old daughter named Suri with ex-husband Tom Cruise, wore a pair of trousers that matched. Sweeping her silky dark strands back into a ponytail, she shielded her eyes with bronze-tinted sunglasses and slipped on a pair of casual trainers.

RELATED ARTICLES

Katie Holmes is a sight for sore eyes in jeans, black turtleneck and blazer during an outing in NYC

'She doesn't know her dad anymore': Tom Cruise hasn't seen Suri, 16, since split from Katie Holmes in 2012

‘I can't really sing that well’

While attending the Cannes Film Festival, she spoke at a Women In Motion event hosted by the French luxury goods company Kering. Kering, which is chaired by Salma Hayek's husband François-Henri Pinault, boasts a glossy list of companies that includes Balenciaga, Gucci, and Yves Saint Laurent.

Katie discussed how her experience as an actress informed her work as a director in her Women In Motion interview. She has directed three feature films till date -- ‘All We Had’, ‘Alone Together', and the forthcoming ‘Rare Objects' -- in which she co-stars with Alan Cumming.

In terms of her acting career, the 'Batman Begins' star stated that she "would love to do a comedy actually. People, I believe, need to laugh right now. In addition, I enjoy musicals. I can't really sing that well," she admitted with a laugh.

The Red Sea International Film Festival

Katie's trip to Cannes also featured the Vanity Fair Women's Stories Gala. The event was held in conjunction with the contentious Red Sea International Film Festival in Saudi Arabia.

The Red Sea International Film Festival, which focuses on Third World talent, was held for the second time in Jeddah this past October. The first festival took place in 2021, with 'Cyrano' starring Peter Dinklage as its opening film. 'Brighton 4th', a Georgian movie, won best film.

The film festival was criticized abroad from the start by those who saw it as a propaganda effort to polish the Saudi state's public image. Oliver Stone, the controversial and iconic filmmaker, made an arresting speech defending the regional government during the opening ceremony of the most recent edition.

Tags news epcelebs