Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Rachele Nguyen? Fans feel sorry for 17-year-old as judges fail to recognize young talent

2023-10-04 13:20
'The Voice' Season 24 singer Rachele Nguyen joined Team Reba McEntire
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Rachele Nguyen? Fans feel sorry for 17-year-old as judges fail to recognize young talent

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24 contestant Rachele Nguyen hit unbelievable notes as she sang 'Bleeding Love' by Leona Lewis in the blind audition round. The judges believed the 17-year-old had a little bit more work to do on her singing.

Gwen claimed, "For the style of singing that you were doing with runs and all that, kind of more R&B-ish kind of lane, I think when you do runs like that, you have to like map it out and you've gotta be clear, like, on when you're going to do them." She then added, "I think that's just something that's gonna come with time."

Niall Horan apologized for not turning his chair as he claimed, "It did make me really excited to hear what you'll sound like when you mature into your voice. I'm very sorry that I didn't turn."

As the coaches did not praise Rachele enough, a fan commented, "Okay, I seriously don’t think she got the praise she deserved! It wasn’t perfect because of course nerves, but it’s not about being the loudest and the powerhouse."

Another wrote, "Rachel should've gotten at least three chair turns, she was really good. Her voice wasn't as powerful as the others, but she had a sweet breathy tone."

One slammed the judges, "Are you kidding me? Only one "chair turn" for this talented young lady!?"

One fan questioned, "Why did she only get one turn this was better than a lot of the other ones with more turns... its modern and not copying something/someone else."

Another wondered, "How was that only a 1 turn chair?? It was a lot better than some of the 3 and 4 chair turns." One disappointed fan wrote, "Awwww i wanted someone to turn around so bad."

First-generation Vietnamese-American Rachele introduced herself as a Cypress, California, native.

Reba McEntire compares 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Rachele Nguyen to a 'horse'

As Reba explained why she turned her chair around for Rachele, she recounted having lots of horses as a third-generation rodeo brat.

The judge then compared Rachele to one of her horses, saying, "Sometimes you get a horse that is so good, young, and you can't wait for that all to blossom, and you get to be a part of that journey." She added, "That's what I'm looking forward to."

Reba's statement left Rachele overwhelmed and she thanked the judge for such a sweet compliment.

'The Voice' Season 24: Rachele Nguyen joins Team Reba McEntire

It was only Reba who turned around her chair for Rachele. Therefore, she had no other judge to fight against in order to steal Rachele.

As Reba welcomed Rachele into her team, she said, "We're gonna have a blast, and welcome to Reba Team."

Reba believes Rachele will "grow on the show." She said, "You know, she's young, but you see the possibilites and the talent." She then took Rachele toward her tots as the judge served the singer.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs every Monday and Tuesday on NBC at 8 pm ET.