Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Julia Roberts? 'Pretty Woman' star reportedly declined lead role in 'The Proposal'

2023-09-08 20:24
Julia Roberts' Netflix thriller 'Leave The World Behind', which also stars Mahershala Ali and Ethan Hawke, will have its world premiere on October 25
How tall is Julia Roberts? 'Pretty Woman' star reportedly declined lead role in 'The Proposal'

Full NameJulia Fiona Roberts
Age55
Date of BirthOctober 28 1967
Place of BirthSmyrna, Georgia
HeightBetween 5 ft 8 in (173 cm/ 1.73 m) and 5 ft 9 in (175 cm/ 1.75 m)
Weight58 kg (127 pounds)
SpousesLyle Lovett (m. 1993; div. 1995)​
Daniel Moder (m. 2002)
ChildrenHazel Moder, Phinnaeus Moder, Henry Daniel Moder
RelativesEric Roberts (brother)
Emma Roberts (niece)

SMYRNA, GEORGIA: 'Notting Hill' beauty Julia Roberts, a heartthrob to countless fans for her key roles in films of various genres, reportedly stands at 5ft 9 in (175 cm/ 1.75 m).

But some sources including IMDb report that the 55-year-old Oscar winner's height is 5 ft 8 in (173 cm/ 1.73 m).

Roberts, whose breakout part was in the movie 'Pretty Woman', has been working with the Netflix thriller/drama 'Leave The World Behind'.

The apocalyptic thriller, directed by Sam Esmail and starring Mahershala Ali and Ethan Hawke alongside Roberts, will have its global premiere at the 37th AFI FEST on October 25.

Julia Roberts rejected 'The Proposal'

Roberts is known as the biggest female movie star of all time thanks to her films, which have reportedly made more than $2 billion at the US box office.

But did you know the pretty woman turned down the lead role in Anne Fletcher's 'The Proposal'?

The Oscar-winning actress, who has a "gloriously happy" marriage and three children with Danny Moder, was initially asked to play the lead but turned it down.

It was revealed that arrangements were being made for Ryan Reynolds to work with Sandra Bullock almost two months later, as per the Los Angeles Times.

Online searches for Julia Roberts frequently include her 32-year-old niece Emma, who is known for the horror and thriller genres, besides her 'Pretty Woman' costar Richard Gere and her 'Ticket to Paradise' co-star George Clooney.

Julia Roberts' height compared to Emma Roberts

Julia Roberts stands between 5 ft 8 in (173 cm/ 1.73 m) and 5 ft 9 in (175 cm/ 1.75 m) tall. Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts' niece, is said to be about 5 ft 2 in (157 cm/1.57 m) tall. Julia is noticeably taller than Emma.

Julia Roberts' niece is the daughter of Oscar nominee Eric Roberts. Emma reportedly spent considerable time as a child on film sets with her aunt.

This aided her decision to pursue a career in acting, as per IMDb. In fact, Emma, 32, once stated that one of her Aunt Julia's popular flicks, 1997's 'My Best Friend's Wedding', topped her list of favorites, as cited by 9 News.

Emma appeared with Julia in her rom-com, 'Maybe I Do'. Richard Gere, who previously played Julia's lover in both 'Pretty Woman' and 'Runaway Bride', plays her father in the film.

"I saw Runaway Bride and obviously Pretty Woman and so to have him be playing my dad now feels full circle in the Roberts family," Emma told ET Canada.

Julia Roberts' height compared to Richard Gere

Richard Gere is between 5 ft 10 in (177.8 cm/ 1.78 m) and 5 ft 11 in (180 cm/ 1.8 m) tall, according to a number of sources. Richard Gere is therefore a little bit taller than Julia Roberts.

Julia and Richard have reportedly developed a strong friendship following their roles in 'Pretty Woman'. The movie was a huge hit, and it's clear the duo created magic, which ultimately brought them back on the big screen in 'Runaway Bride' almost ten years later.

The duo reportedly share the same bond even now. In fact, Roberts shares birthday greetings to Gere, and the actor, 74, admitted in a 2015 'Today' episode that he vividly recalls being "mesmerized" by her when they first met.

The two never dated in real life, despite their apparent chemistry on TV. The performers do, however, share a close bond that has lasted for years. In 2017, Gere told The Guardian, "Julia and I will always be connected. Making 'Pretty Woman' was an experience we'll never forget."

Julia Roberts' height compared to George Clooney

George Clooney is reportedly between 5 ft 10 (177.8 cm/ 1.78 m) and 5 ft 11 (180 cm/ 1.8 m) tall, according to a variety of sources. Therefore, George Clooney is a little bit taller than Julia Roberts.

Julia Roberts and George Clooney worked together on six films, three of which feature them as husband and wife, as part of the 'Ocean's Eleven' franchise.

And, despite the fact that the two superstars of Hollywood would have formed an excellent power couple, they never had a "no date" policy.

Roberts told Access Hollywood, "I don’t think we needed to state it. It just seemed like the right thing to do."

One of them was constantly involved in a relationship, Clooney explained. "And we were fast friends right away. So it was nothing, but it's been nothing but fun for us," he stated. "So, I don't think that was ever really a thing."

Is Julia Roberts a millionaire?

Celebrity Net Worth estimates Julia Roberts' net worth at $250 million, and they also estimate her annual income from sponsorships and acting to be between $20 and $40 million.