Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Kevin Costner planning to ditch 'Yellowstone' Season 5? Actor hints he 'doesn't anticipate being on location this year'

2023-06-16 06:50
'Kevin Costner will forever be proud of and grateful for Yellowstone and the cast is like family to him,' said a source close to the actor
Is Kevin Costner planning to ditch 'Yellowstone' Season 5? Actor hints he 'doesn't anticipate being on location this year'

CARPINTERIA, CALIFORNIA: Kevin Costner’s participation in ‘Yellowstone’ final season is jeopardized! As per recent reports, the actor may not be part of the second half of the hit series. There has been a possible feud between the maker Taylor Sheridan and the ‘Waterworld’ star is a contributing factor too. However, the actor stated in court documents that he “doesn't anticipate being on location for at least the rest of 2023.” This comes after the show is scheduled to start filming for the second half of season five in August.

Kevin Costner separated from his ex-wife Christine Baumgartner, 49, recently. The former couple shares three children, Cayden, 15, Hayes, 14, and Grace, 13. On June 9, Costner filed a request for an order to get Christine out of the house, “Christine and I have been working on a summer schedule to ensure that the children have a smooth transition between our two homes,” he said in the statement. “Even when I am working I arrange to see the children frequently. I was in California for our son's birthday in early May and the children visited me May 21-24 in Utah where I was filming,” he added.

'Just stick to acting'

The Paramount has already confirmed that it will be the final season of ‘Yellowstone’ in which Costner plays a rancher John Dutton. “Kevin will forever be proud of and grateful for Yellowstone and the cast is like family to him,” a source said of Costner who recently bagged a Golden Globe Award for best actor for his portrayal of John Dutton. “He just felt like 'Yellowstone' is headed in a direction that was not in line with their initial vision and he was met with criticism, including that he should just stick to acting,” it added.

'Matthew McConaughey in the fray'

Interestingly, there are also potential extensions of the ‘Yellowstone’ with reports suggesting that the makers are planning to go ahead with Matthew McConaughey as the lead star for a new show, reports Daily Mail.

“We have no news to report. Kevin Costner is a big part of 'Yellowstone' and we hope that’s the case for a long time. Thanks to the brilliant mind of Taylor Sheridan, we are always working on franchise expansions of this incredible world he has built. Matthew McConaughey is a phenomenal talent with whom we’d love to partner,” a Paramount Network spokesperson told Deadline.