Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans rally behind Britney Spears as she accuses Justin Timberlake of playing 'major role' in her press downfall

2023-10-15 18:18
In her upcoming memoir, 'The Woman In Me,' Britney Spears is expected to confront her past with ex-lover Justin Timberlake
Fans rally behind Britney Spears as she accuses Justin Timberlake of playing 'major role' in her press downfall

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears, the pop sensation and resilient icon, is gearing up to release her highly-anticipated debut memoir, 'The Woman In Me,' later this month.

Inside sources have hinted that the book could be a tell-all revelation, and it might not bode well for her ex-lover, Justin Timberlake, as per SheFinds.

Troubled love and tumultuous times

An unnamed insider spilled the beans to Us Weekly, suggesting that Timberlake may not be thrilled about the way Spears candidly explores their past relationship in her forthcoming memoir.

The source divulged that the 41-year-old 'Toxic' hitmaker doesn't hold back and "goes after" the 42-year-old NSYNC star with a vengeance.

The book, set to hit shelves on October 24 via Simon and Schuster, promises to be a no-holds-barred account of their shared history.

Another informant, who apparently has an ear to the grapevine, told the magazine that Spears is feeling both "excited but nervous" as her book's official release date draws near.

In 'The Woman In Me,' the artist is expected to offer readers a glimpse into her complex relationship with her parents, Jamie and Lynne Spears, while also opening up about her personal life and romantic escapades.

According to yet another insider who spoke to Us, "It's not Britney’s intention to skewer anyone." The source insists she will simply "relay the facts from her perspective."

The iconic love story that turned sour

Spears and Timberlake, two mega-stars who first crossed paths on the set of Disney's 'Mickey Mouse Club' in the early 1990s, soon discovered their feelings for each other.

The couple made it official in 1999, igniting a media frenzy around their whirlwind romance.

However, they ended their relationship in 2002, and Timberlake's hit song 'Cry Me a River' fueled speculations that the breakup was far from amicable, with rumors swirling about Spears' alleged infidelity.

Fast forward to 2021, and the documentary 'Framing Britney Spears' resurfaced the drama between the former couple.

The documentary raised allegations that Timberlake had a hand in spreading disparaging stories about Spears post-split, resulting in widespread criticism and forcing Timberlake to issue a public apology.

In February 2021, he expressed remorse on Instagram, acknowledging his past mistakes and pledging to do better.

Fans unleash their fury

In response to the revelations of Spears' upcoming memoir and the insights it may offer into her past relationship with Timberlake, fans have taken to social media to express their opinions.

Many are critical of Timberlake and believe he played a role in her career's downturn. One user confidently states, "I can't wait for people to know how Justin really is, karma is coming," while others mention his actions towards Janet Jackson and Michael Jackson.

A second user stated, "We know sis, he also contributed to Janet’s downfall, and he shaded Prince, let’s not forget him adding his vocals on Michael’s unreleased material after he threw Janet under the bus."

A third fan wrote, "Which is true, he shifted her image negatively," while another said, "Yeah the same way he threw Janet under the bus and his career skyrocketed."

Adding to the chorus, a fifth user said, "She’s right. He was definitely the start of her downfall."

Britney's healing journey

In April 2022, Spears shared with her fans on Instagram that revisiting her past during the memoir's writing process has been a "therapeutic" and "healing" experience. She even extended friendly admiration to Timberlake in her post caption.

"Using the intellectual approach as Justin did when he apologized to Janet and me," Spears wrote, comparing their situations. She continued, "Although he was never bullied or threatened by his family, he took the opportunity to apologize 20 years later!!! Timing is EVERYTHING!!!"

The book isn't just about Timberlake, though. Inside sources, according to Us Weekly, suggest that Spears' memoir includes references to both her estranged husband, Sam Asghari, and her former flame, Timberlake.

However, the mention of Asghari may be presented with a softer touch as the former couple navigates the complexities of their divorce.

Tags news