Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kim Kardashian's ex-husband Kanye West banned himself from reality television: 'He doesn't want to appear'

2023-07-07 19:46
In 2012, during the seventh season of 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians', Kanye made his debut 'reality TV' appearance
Kim Kardashian's ex-husband Kanye West banned himself from reality television: 'He doesn't want to appear'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Although Kanye West was married to Kim Kardashian, one of the most well-known reality television stars on the planet, the rapper is apparently not a fan of having his life exposed on television.

In 2012, during the seventh season of 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' he made his debut appearance. At the time, he had just recently started dating Kim. In the decade that followed, Kanye made intermittent visits, but viewers noted he started to distance himself from the program as it came to an end.

Kanye also appeared on 'The Kardashians' after divorce

Kanye made his debut on the Kardashian-Jenner clan's spinoff series 'The Kardashians' last year, but fans shouldn't hold their breath for any future appearances on the show. And it's not only because Kanye and Kim divorced amicably in 2017 that this is the case.

According to rumors, Kanye has a very particular objection to starring on reality television now. Ye is now working on a brand-new, personal passion project, but that doesn't mean that fans won't get to witness him get pumped up in front of the camera. This is what we do know. Kanye reportedly decided he no longer wanted to be affiliated with 'KUWTK' program because he didn't like how he was represented in front of the cameras. 'The Kardashians' may receive the same brush-off, especially since in recent episodes, Kim has been vocal about how miserable she was just before she separated from Kanye.

A source had told Radar Online at the time, "Kanye has made it perfectly clear to Kim that he doesn't want to appear at all on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, He has made several brief appearances on the Kardashian reality shows, but wants nothing to do with future filming," they explained.

Kanye's team thinks appearing on reality shows dents his brand value

The source added, "Kanye's team believes it's bad for his image and brand to appear on a reality show because it makes him look cheap," the insider went on. "And, Kim isn't pushing the issue at all as she knows Kanye won't bend on it."

The timeline of Kanye refusing to do the show coincides with the Kim-Kanye split since it seemed to predict that Kim and Kanye would split up once the rapper expressed opposition to appearing on her family's program. The source said, "It's such a departure for Kim because she constantly nagged Reggie Bush when they were dating for him to come on the show, He just refused, and it was one of the reasons why they broke up," as reported by TheThings.

'He doesn't like to film everything'

Kanye has subsequently appeared on a few reality programs here and there, but it seems that he will only agree to appear on one if he has a say. For instance, Kim said in 2017 that she sent Kanye drafts of 'KUWTK' for his approval. "I will get it and show him. He knows that I'm really protective of him," Kim said at the time. "He doesn't like to film everything. It's not his show."

SKIMS's founder stated that she tries to avoid bringing up her ex-husband. She said, "I won't really ever talk about something that's going on with Kanye. I'll talk about my feelings about whatever is going on. I'm very respectful about how his filming is."