Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Incoherent nonsense': Netizens slam Amazon Prime Video over 'Citadel's 'DUMB' season finale

2023-05-27 15:56
'Citadel' aired its season finale on Friday, May 26, and fans are really disappointed with the way Season 1 ended
'Incoherent nonsense': Netizens slam Amazon Prime Video over 'Citadel's 'DUMB' season finale

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Season 1 of Amazon Prime Video’s mega-expensive action-thriller series ‘Citadel’ concluded with a finale that was filled with a lot of twists and turns. In the final episode of the show, viewers saw Mason Kane (Richard Madden) and Nadia Sinh trying to save their daughter and the world from Manticore and its leader, Dahlia. The duo had to extract the nuclear cores from Russia’s automated nuclear submarine and get them to Dahlia so that she could destroy the planet.

As soon as the duo reached Valencia for the exchange, Manticore’s agents realize that the device was encrypted and only one person knew the password: Mason. However, Nadia (Priyanka Chopra Jonas) realized that Mason doesn’t remember the password as his memory was erased. They attack Manticore agents and save their daughter. In the concluding moments of the finale, it was revealed that Mason was responsible for Citadel’s downfall eight years ago, not Nadia. Another massive revelation came when Mason called Dahlia (Lesley Manville) “mother” and told her everything about ‘Citadel’ when he got to know that the organization was responsible for his father’s untimely death.

READ MORE

'Citadel' Season 1 Ending Explained: Here's why [SPOILER] betrayed Citadel

'Citadel' renewed for Season 2! Priyanka Chopra and Richard Madden starrer to be directed by Joe Russo

'Citadel' finale had some epic revelations

The finale ended with Mason being remorseful for what he did in the past and getting ready to do something about it. Even with so many epic revelations, the finale fell short of being something really extraordinary and fans slammed the makers for producing such an underwhelming finale.

'Finale was absurdly incoherent nonsense'

One of the fans wrote, “Oh my god I am finally watching the CITADEL finale, and god it's dumb.” Another social media user tweeted, “Did anyone watch the atrocity that calls itself #Citadel? A strong start that went WAY downhill. The finale was absurdly incoherent nonsense. I'm actually shaken by how horribly off the rails this show went. Pun intended by the pilot. WTF did I just watch?” Another social media user wrote, “Just watched the S1 finale of Prime Video/Russo Brother six-episode series #Citadel. Weak...Weak...Weak. I'll accept the excuse that the entire season was re-shot by the Russos' b/c the original footage for S1 was, um, awful.”

“So #Citadel was a slugfest. A simple and potentially brilliant concept with bland execution. A contrived twist that doesn't land well. Never have I dozed off while watching a finale in my life Safe to say I'm not following up on future seasons and their next spinoff series,” tweeted another user.

One of the users applauded Manville for her stupendous performance in a “dreadful” episode. The user tweeted, “All credit to Lesley Manville for trying so hard to save that atrocious #Citadel finale, but, alas, there are some things even she can't do, especially with both "twists" have been visible from space since the first episode. Just dreadful.” Another user wrote, “Citadel finale was so bad why did I watch this entire show.”

From the very first episode, people have been asking why Amazon spent $300M on a series that failed to provide any kind of entertainment. At first, it was believed that the series won’t be renewed for another season because of horrendous reviews. However, Amazon shocked everyone by announcing that the sci-fi thriller has been renewed for Season 2 and Joe Russo will be directing all the episodes for the upcoming edition. Fans can hope that Season 2 is better than the first.

'Citadel' Season 1 is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.