Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Christopher Eubanks? 'GMA' host Robin Roberts 'honored' to interview breakout tennis star at Wimbledon

2023-07-12 17:45
Christopher Eubanks reached the quarter final of the Wimbledon tournament for the first time in his career
Who is Christopher Eubanks? 'GMA' host Robin Roberts 'honored' to interview breakout tennis star at Wimbledon

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: ‘Good Morning America’s’ star anchor Robin Roberts is in London covering the prestigious Wimbledon tournament with co-host Lara Spencer. The 62-year-old is an avid tennis fan who is leaving no stone unturned to enjoy her time while reporting on the tournament. Roberts has been active on social media, posting photos from London, celebrating and rooting for the American players participating.

Apart from all the sightseeing and attending crucial matches on the green turf, Roberts managed to sit down with a breakout US tennis player who has reached the quarter-finals. The host took some time out of her schedule and sat down with Christopher Eubanks to discuss his historic win at the tournament and was simply left in awe of the young player. While Eubanks expressed his gratitude after being interviewed by the legendary host, Roberts, on the other hand, returned the favor and said that the "honor" was hers.

Who is Christopher Eubanks?

Christopher Eubanks is a professional US Tennis player who played college tennis at Georgia Tech from 2015-17. He had a career-high ranking of 43 in July. He entered the quarter-final stage of Wimbledon for the first time in his career after an encounter against his Australian nemesis, Christopher O’Connell. This feat marked a significant moment in Eubanks' life and Roberts, who was covering the tournament, didn’t waste any time to interview the 27-year-old pro.

Roberts began the interview by congratulating Chris for his remarkable victory and progression in the competition but the young player was truly humbled for being interviewed by the anchor and reciprocated by saying, "This here is a dream come true," prompting Roberts to say, “Bless your heart!” Roberts later spoke about Eubanks not liking the grass court. She asked, “I heard you didn’t like grass courts.” The young player smiled and replied, “That’s not the case now.” After his interview with Roberts, Eubanks posted on Twitter, fanboying over Roberts. He captioned the post, “What an honor @RobinRoberts @GMA.” Roberts took notice of the post and retweeted it with a caption, “Trust me, it was MY honor!!”

‘Great interview this morning with a great guy’

The GMA anchor also posted a snap of her and Eubanks on Instagram, allowing viewers a glimpse into the interview that took place. Fans congratulated Eubanks and praised Roberts for an impeccable interview and for promoting US talent.

A user wrote, “Such a great interview. GOOOO Chris! Just love his attitude and outlook,” while a second wrote, "Great interview this morning with a great guy! Enjoyed getting to “know” him.” A third stated, “Such a great interview with an incredible young man. My son is 6’7” so I can relate!” A fourth stated, “Just having my coffee & watching GMA! You 2 are having a blast at Wimbledon- it is so fun to see the behind-the-scenes.” Spencer, who is currently with Roberts in London, also commented, “The energy was ELECTRIC on the set. Awesome interview RR. Goooo Chris!!!!!”

Tags news