Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'There was jealousy': 'Wheel of Fortune' host Pat Sajak realized wife Lesly Brown 'was the one' after her stint on 'The Dating Show'

2023-06-13 16:59
Recently, Pat Sajak left his fans heartbroken with an unexpected Twitter post, announcing his retirement
'There was jealousy': 'Wheel of Fortune' host Pat Sajak realized wife Lesly Brown 'was the one' after her stint on 'The Dating Show'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Pat Sajak, the beloved host of the widely watched game show 'Wheel of Fortune', renowned for his lively and entertaining exchanges with contestants and the audience, has made a recent post, announcing his retirement from the show. The esteemed host of the enduring game show has been married to his wife, Lesly Brown, for a duration nearly equivalent to his hosting career. However, he was married to Sherrill in 1979 before divorcing her in 1986.

Having been introduced by mutual friends in 1988, the long-time couple initially formed a platonic bond. However, as time passed, their connection blossomed into a romantic relationship. Eventually, Sajak and Brown decided to take the next step and exchanged wedding vows, solidifying their commitment to one another. They later had two children together, a daughter, Maggie, and a son Patrick.

'I knew she was the woman'

As Sajak and Brown were navigating their emotions, Brown was chosen as a contestant on a reality show called 'The Dating Show'. In an intriguing twist, she embarked on a trip to Mexico with the bachelor who had selected her for the show. This unexpected development stirred up a range of emotions and dynamics within Sajak and Brown's relationship. "Frankly, I was a little annoyed at that," he told People. "There was definitely borderline jealousy. That was good," Brown said. This experience proved to be a transformative moment for Sajak. "I knew she was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with," Sajak recalled.

Pat Sajak and Lesly Brown got married on New Year's Eve in 1989

Sajak proposed to Brown with a 3-carat marquise-shaped diamond ring. They exchanged vows in a Catholic church in Annapolis, Maryland, surrounded by loved ones. The reception took place in the backyard of Brown's parent's house, with 'Wheel of Fortune' co-host Vanna White in attendance.

Their children, Maggie and Patrick, made their first appearance on 'Wheel of Fortune' in 2000. They closed the show and shared advice given by their father and White. In recent years, Maggie has become more involved, serving as a guest letter-turner and conducting interviews for the show's College Week, among other appearances. During Season 37 of 'Wheel of Fortune', Sajak had to take a leave of absence due to health concerns. In his absence, Maggie stepped in as a guest letter-turner, joining White on stage for an episode. Furthermore, in May 2023, Maggie made another appearance on the show when White participated in a special 'Ultimate Host Night' round of 'Celebrity Wheel of Fortune'.

Who is Lesly Brown?

Brown pursued a career as a professional photographer and had a passion for capturing memorable moments through her lens. Prior to meeting Sajak, she studied television production at the University of Maryland and successfully completed her degree in 1986. Notably, Brown's beauty and charm caught the attention of Playboy magazine, where she was featured, and she also held the title of 'Miss Georgetown'. Following in the footsteps of her children, Brown has made occasional appearances on 'Wheel of Fortune'. Sajak's love and admiration for his wife were evident when he gave her a heartfelt shoutout on the show to celebrate her birthday on April 21, 2021.

In 2019, Sajak faced a health scare when he had to undergo emergency surgery due to a blocked intestine. Reflecting on the experience during an interview with 'Good Morning America', Sajak described the pain he endured as "horrific." The episode served as a reminder of the challenges he faced during that period, highlighting the seriousness of the situation and the strength he demonstrated in overcoming it.

'I felt bad for my family'

"You couldn't do anything. I was in [a] fetal position, lying on the bed. They try to give you various drugs for the pain. And none of it was working. And then they gave me something, I couldn't even tell you the name of it, but suddenly, I wasn't thinking about the pain. I just had these beautiful pastels and lovely faces coming out of it," he shared. "I felt bad for [my family]. I didn't feel bad about dying. I felt bad that they were gonna have to deal with the aftermath. As it turned out, I was just high," he said.