Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Rusell Brand's wife? Katy Perry's ex-husband cries as he announces third child with author and yoga teacher

2023-06-30 20:59
Already parents to two daughters, Russell Brand and his wife Laura Gallacher are expecting their third child
Who is Rusell Brand's wife? Katy Perry's ex-husband cries as he announces third child with author and yoga teacher

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After a turbulent first marriage with Katy Perry, comedian and actor Russell Brand is having a calmer, low-key second marriage with Laura Gallacher. Russell and Laura are expecting their third child while being proud parents to two daughters. The exciting announcement was made by Steven Bartlett from 'The Diary of a CEO' podcast, on behalf of the 48-year-old comedian. Russell shared a unique perspective on fatherhood in the podcast while he broke down in tears, as per Daily Mail.

Years ago, the actor abruptly dumped Katy Perry, and now his attention is exclusively focused on his wife. A proud father of two kids, Peggy, 4, and Mabel, 6, Russell is now creating a new life with his teenage sweetheart, Laura Gallacher. Many of his fans were astounded by how his wife managed to keep him grounded, but who is Laura and how is their life now?

Who is Rusell Brand's wife, Laura Gallacher?

Some people may recognize Laura Brand, previously referred to as Laura Gallacher, as she is the sister of Sky Sports broadcaster Kirsty Gallacher. She is also the daughter of renowned golfer Bernard Gallacher. Laura used to work in the restaurant business before transitioning to the fashion industry. She later founded The Joy Journal, an online store that offers distinctive dungarees. According to Laura, she was motivated to start the business after producing a pair of dungarees for a friend.

Laura's foray into the fashion industry has been so effective that she wrote and published her book, 'The Joy Journal,' which includes 50 activities parents and kids can do together. Laura has achieved success in her own right as a yoga teacher, author, and artist in addition to her previous work in a restaurant. She has undoubtedly been able to motivate her spouse, Russell. After things with Katy went south, the comedian eventually met the person to whom his heart truly belongs.

Russell Brand bumped into Laura Gallacher

Although Russell was once married to Katy, he is completely smitten with Laura. In 2015, the celebrated actor unexpectedly bumped across Laura in a canal. After a chance encounter, the couple decided to give their relationship another shot and, fortunately, was married two years later in 2017 at Remenham Church close to their home in Henley-on-Thames, England. The couple reportedly dated as teenagers before things unexpectedly came to an end, as per Hollywood Life.

In a 2019 interview, Laura remarked, "When we first met we were both in a completely different place." She went on to say that when they started dating again, she "immediately knew" that their relationship would be serious. Laura said at the time, "I hadn’t seen Russell for years… I came down the steps to the canal and Russell was standing there. We both immediately knew it was going to be serious."

Russell also acknowledged that he underwent significant personal growth before dating Laura again. He had originally dated Laura when she was barely 19 years old. Out of respect for both his current wife and Katy Perry, he added, "I don’t compare my relationships now to previous relationships." The comedian continued, "I think I’m an easier person to be with now. I’m also in a very different situation. I’m dependent on my wife."

'Love is real'

In 'The Diary of a CEO' podcast, Russell emphasized how being a father has changed his perspective towards life altogether. Referring to the comedian's happy marriage with Laura, Stephen told Russell, "You fell in love and you've got two children. You've got a third on the way, around the corner. That's a very special love you have found."

Russell remarked on being a father, "It taught me there is a lot more important in this world than me. There's a lot more important stuff in this world then what I want, think or reckon. It taught me that love is real. It teaches you everything to become a father. All lessons are there." The 'Get Him to the Greek' actor then broke down in tears and fought back his emotions as he talked of a "future he won't be a part of," which Steven questioned him about. He responded, without much understanding, "Any old man, any old woman. My little girls, it's just so beautiful."

Russell and Laura started their own family and already share two daughters, Mabel and Peggy. The British actor announced in 2020 that he and Laura were expecting their second child by sharing a snapshot of himself reading 'The Expectant Dad's Handbook' with the message, "Right then. My Mum bought me this. Time to get ready!"

Tags news