Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When ‘The Crowded Room’ star Tom Holland was 'kicked out' of bar while prepping for movie

2023-06-07 19:47
Tom Holland is currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming miniseries ‘The Crowded Room’
When ‘The Crowded Room’ star Tom Holland was 'kicked out' of bar while prepping for movie

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tom Holland is currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming miniseries, ‘The Crowded Room’, which saw him breaking his superhero shell and exploring a complicated character with more depth. The AppleTV+ anthology series draws inspiration from ‘The Minds of Billy Milligan’, a novel written by Daniel Keyes.

In the series, the ‘SpiderMan’ star will be seen playing the role of Billy Milligan, who in 1981 became the first person in American history to be exonerated of a serious crime by claiming to have dissociative identity disorder. Apart from starring in the series, Holland also takes on the role of an executive producer. Recently, the actor opened up about how his role in ‘The Crowded Room’ broke him. “I love the learning curve of becoming a producer. I’m no stranger to hard work. I’ve always sort of lived by this idea that hard work is good work. I really enjoyed it, but then again, the show did break me. There did come a time when I was sort of like, ‘I need to have a break,’" he said in an interview with ‘Extra’.

'It's a nice little set piece in the movie'

As Holland said, he is surely no stranger to hard work and every blockbuster he delivers reflects that. Unexpectedly, once he became so involved in the prep of his movie that he ended up getting kicked out of a bar. The actor previously revealed that he was preparing for his role as Nathan "Nate" Drake in ‘Uncharted’ when he secretly picked up shifts at a London bar to become a seasoned bartender. "For me, one of my favorite things about what we do for a living is when you get the opportunity to learn a new skill for a reason, other than you just want to give it a go," Holland said in a recent interview with SiriusXM's ‘Pop Culture Spotlight with Jessica Shaw’.

"So I went to a bartending school. I ended up doing a few shifts at this bar in London, which was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. And it's a nice little set piece in the movie,” the ‘Cherry’ star continued. He also said that Nate's expertise as a barman was a fantastic approach to demonstrate that the fortune hunter is "incredibly skillful, without being a trained individual." However, the actor's cover was soon exposed when it became known that he was working that specific pub as a side job, eventually causing him to be let go from his new gig.

'They just shut up and let me back'

"As word spread around town and people started figuring out that 'apparently Tom Holland’s bartending at this bar,' then the general manager started figuring it out and eventually, I sort of got kicked out,” he stated. The actor admitted the relationship between him and the bar has been "rocky" since. "It's a little bit of a rocky relationship at the minute. I've been giving them a lot of press though. So they just shut up and let me back,” he concluded.