Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When is Doja Cat's next album coming out? 'Say So' singer announces release date of 'Scarlet,' shares trailer of upcoming single 'Demons'

2023-08-31 04:55
'I feel horrible about this but can't wait for this to heal and get back to making music,' Doja Cat said about her throat surgery
When is Doja Cat's next album coming out? 'Say So' singer announces release date of 'Scarlet,' shares trailer of upcoming single 'Demons'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Doja Cat is ready with her new album! The artist confirmed the release of her fourth studio album on Tuesday, August 29, over an Instagram post.

The 27-year-old revealed that it will be called ‘Scarlet’ and it’s coming out on September 22.

It will be released by Kemosabe and RCA Records as she confirms with the caption “SCARLET 9.22.”

When did Doja Cat's last album drop?

The Grammy winner’s post shows the cover art features an image of a crimson-red spider with a white backdrop.

Doja’s last album was titled ‘Planet Her’ which came out in June 2021 and was nominated for both album of the year and best pop vocal album at the 64th Grammy Awards.

Doja Cat, who's real name is Amala Zandile Dlamini, released a trailer for her latest single ‘Demons’ ahead of its release on September 1. It follows tracks including ‘Attention’ and ‘Paint the Town Red.’

Why did Doja Cat cancel her 'Hot Pink Tour?

Doja Cat was scheduled to do a tour promoting her 2019 album ‘Hot Pink,’ but it was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

She was also going to open for 'The Weeknd's ‘After Hours Til Dawn Tour’ last year.

However, she didn’t perform due to her tonsil surgery. She wrote on Twitter, "My whole throat is f,****d so i might have some bad news for yall coming soon.”

"I was taking f*****g antibiotics but forgot that I was taking them and then I drank wine and was vaping all day long and then I started getting a nasty-ass growth on my tonsil so they had to do surgery on it today," she continued over second post.

Answering a fan over using vape amid her surgery, Doja Cat replied, "Hi guys. I wanted you to hear it from me first. Unfortunately I have to have surgery on my tonsils ASAP. The surgery is routine but the recovery is going to take a while due to swelling. That means I have to cancel my festival run this summer as well as The Weeknd tour."

"I feel horrible about this but can't wait for this to heal and get back to making music and create an experience for y'all."

In an interview with People, a few months back, the 'Kiss Me More' star said, "I’ve been reconnecting with the music that I was raised listening to; Erykah Badu, John Coltrane, Nineties hip hop…the music that influenced me as a kid. I think my new music will bring some of that inspiration forward."