Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Cole Swindell lays out elaborate plan and proposes to Courtney Little at spot where they had their first date

2023-05-22 17:53
Cole Swindell had to battle bad weather and awful traffic to get to the place where he went down on a knee for Courtney Little
Cole Swindell lays out elaborate plan and proposes to Courtney Little at spot where they had their first date

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Cole Swindell recently proposed to his girlfriend, Courtney Little, in a very romantic way. However, planning the special day was a challenge for the country singer as he first had to take his father-in-law's blessing.

Swindell told PEOPLE, “That's probably the most nervous I've ever been because he's such a great man. I can't wait to be part of her family. She comes from a good one, and that's what made that so nerve-wracking. I can't imagine being a dad of a daughter and having that conversation.”

ALSO READ

Worst-dressed celebs at 2023 ACM Awards: From Miranda Lambert's cleavage to Nastia Liukin's latex loss

'I'd say yes again and again': Hilary Duff marks 4-year anniversary of husband Matthew Koma's proposal

‘She makes me better’

After clearing the first step, the ‘Middle of a Memory’ singer first thought of going ahead with his plan in Dallas before the 58th ACM Awards. However, then he considered the farm in Nashville, where he shot ‘Some Habits’ and had his first date with Little. The singer then asked Ballantyne Jewelers in Charlotte, North Carolina, to design the ring for his future wife, and with the help of Little's sister, Laura, he kickstarted his plan.

Swindell eventually proposed to Little on Sunday, May 7, after battling adverse weather and insane traffic due to Taylor Swift's ‘The Eras Tour’. The 39-year-old songwriter told PEOPLE, “It's hard to put into words how happy I am. I feel like I'm very fortunate to be where I am in my career, but I feel like I've missed out on a lot of real-life moments. I'm just glad to have somebody to share everything with. She makes me better, and I'm the happiest I've ever been in all parts of my life.”

‘We've been all smiles ever since’

Describing the moment before the proposal and after, the ‘You Should Be Here’ singer said, “She recognized the location. She probably knew what was going on then. I took her hand and walked for what felt like a long time. It probably wasn't but a minute or so.”

He continued, “I couldn't wait any longer. I found a little spot right there off the side of the gravel drive in the field and hit a knee. I put the ring on her finger, and we've been all smiles ever since.”

‘So so excited for you!!!!’

Swindell posted photos from the special day on his Instagram and wrote, “Still couldn’t tell ya everything I said down on one knee.. All I know is she said ‘YES’! We’re so excited!” Little also shared a few photos on her account with the caption, “Woke up as future Mrs. Swindell. I’ve never been so happy! I can’t believe we are ENGAGED!!!!!”

The couple were overwhelmed with congratulatory messages. A user commented, “Congratulations and so very excited for you both. Cole you did good on the ring.” Another user wrote, “Beautiful! Congratulations Cole on your engagement! Enjoy this feeling & moment in time.” “Congratulations !!! From Me and Alissa you deserve to be happy, my friend..,” a third user said.

“NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!! Ahhhh so so excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!!!!” a fourth stated. A fifth added, “Congratulations to u both& may yall have a long& happy relationship& marriage& may God guide yall every step of the way in the right direction.”

Who is Courtney Little?

Little is an ex-NBA dancer, who was a member of the Honey Bees, “the dance team for the NBA's Charlotte Hornets.” She is also ex-Miss Teen North Carolina and owner of The Little Sisters Boutique.

As per the boutique's website, Little co-owns the business with Laura. It says, “We pride ourselves in our style and ability to curate selections that fit all kinds of women! Every item on our site has been ‘sister approved’!”

Swindell and Little first saw each other while the latter was working as a Monster Energy Girl. They initially started as friends but things changed when they filmed ‘Some Habits’ together.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news