Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joan Collins, 90, claims Hollywood lost its spark due to cancel culture: 'Parties I go to are dull'

2023-06-30 17:59
Joan Collins who spoke about cancel culture also showered praises on three specific stars in the industry
Joan Collins, 90, claims Hollywood lost its spark due to cancel culture: 'Parties I go to are dull'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Legendary actress, Joan Collins, has shared her thoughts on the transformation of Hollywood, expressing her belief that the industry has lost its sparkle due to modern-day cancel culture. Known for her illustrious career and collaborations with some of the biggest names in film and television, the 'Dynasty' star now laments the changing landscape of star-studded parties and the industry as a whole.

In an interview, Collins claimed, “The parties I go to now are kind of… dull. They are red carpet things in which everybody does behave. If you don’t behave now you are going to get cancelled.” The 90-year-old actress then proceeded to praise a select few stars, “I think Nicole Kidman is fabulous and Margot Robbie is one of the great beauties. Particularly Brad, he is like one of the movie stars of the Golden Age,” reported New York Post.

'I’m very proud of being a woman!'

Collins has never shied away from sharing her opinions on the state of the entertainment industry. In a previous interview with The New York Times in March 2022, she touched on the impact of the #MeToo movement on attitudes toward men in Hollywood. Concerned about the rise of "anti-maleness," Collins emphasized her belief in gender equality while appreciating the unique strengths of both men and women

“Sadly, I think that now young men are suffering from being labeled toxically masculine because of this rise of anti-maleness,” Collins told the outlet. “I believe that women are equal to men in every single way,” she added. “Except physical strength. People say you didn’t burn your bra, you wear lipstick. So what? I’m very proud of being a woman.”

'What’s wrong with woman?'

Collins touched on society’s use of gender-neutral terms saying, “What’s wrong with mother? What’s wrong with woman? Girl? I don’t like having that word taken away,” she said at the time. Despite the changing landscape of Hollywood, Collins has maintained a steadfast stance regarding her appearance. Contrary to many stars who undergo cosmetic procedures, she proudly stated that she "has not had any 'work' done". She admitted to trying Botox once, adding she “screamed and left the surgery.”

Tags news epcelebs