Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Halle Bailey and BF DDG kiss in viral video as they celebrate end of 'The Little Mermaid' press tour

2023-05-29 18:50
Halle Bailey has been busy promoting 'The Little Mermaid' and with the end of the press tour, will get to spend more time with boyfriend DDG
Halle Bailey and BF DDG kiss in viral video as they celebrate end of 'The Little Mermaid' press tour

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Halle Bailey tenderly embraced her boyfriend, Darryl Dwayne Grandberry Jr., before kissing him in a video that was uploaded to her TikTok account on Thursday, May 25, to celebrate wrapping up her press tour for the Disney film 'The Little Mermaid'. In the video, a popular TikTok remix by CasaDi titled 'I'm Happy to See My Husband' can be heard playing, as the 23-year-old artist rushes into her partner's arms and gives him many kisses.

Bailey, who played Ariel, put in a tremendous amount of physical work to portray the mermaid princess and bring the illusion to life along with her co-stars. Many fans thought the classic was a visual pleasure with that magical feeling that Disney classics bring to the screen. Bailey herself had been anticipating the success of the film ever since the promotion tours began.

READ MORE

The Pain of Being a Mermaid: Halle Bailey endured hell to deliver the performance of a lifetime

Halle Bailey goes undercover to catch a showing of her new film 'The Little Mermaid' as Box Office soars

'On my last day of press like..'

The hitmaker, who recently hid her identity while watching the Disney movie, also added a little caption to her post that read: "On my last day of press like.." Fans happily tweeted about the TikTok with comments such as "Halle bailey & ddg/darryl <3," since it decisively dispelled the rumours about their break up.

In January of last year, Bailey and Grandberry, who also goes by the stage name DDG, were first seen together at an Usher event. The happy couple later decided to publicly announce their relationship through a post uploaded on the former's TikTok account in March. The rapper and singer made their red carpet debut at the 2022 BET Awards. In a recent interview with People, Bailey talked candidly about starting a relationship young. "I think the best thing about young love is that you're able to continue to find yourself through this journey of loving somebody else," she stated.

Fifth-largest Memorial Day debut

'The Little Mermaid' was released in the US on Friday, 26 May, and Bailey is currently enjoying its success. The film is a live-action remake of the beloved 1989 animated film, which was based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen with the same name. Starring alongside the talented singer were actors Melissa McCarthy, Daveed Diggs, and Javier Bardem, among others, who completed the star-studded cast of the live-action version of the film. A recent report says that the movie is anticipated to earn between $117 million and $121 million during its four-day opening weekend. This is the fifth-largest Memorial Day debut ever. The actress also shared the update and wrote, "thank you jesus."