Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury rematch put YouTube boxing at risk? TNT reveals his hit list

2023-06-20 14:29
TNT said, 'I'm used to, growing up fighting against proper boxers. These guys are a bit of a joke'
Will Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury rematch put YouTube boxing at risk? TNT reveals his hit list

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul and Tommy Fury aka TNT squared off in Saudi Arabia earlier in 2023. The battle has been anticipated for a while since they had two prior fights set for as far back as 2021. The match, the main event of an ESPN pay-per-view, had a lot of buzz as a result of the delay.

A few months after the fight, Jake Paul is now set to face Nate Diaz. A bout between Tommy Fury and KSI, another YouTuber-turned-boxer, is being considered. By next summer, YouTube boxing may be history if all goes according to the British boxer's plan.

‘My plan is to get rid of YouTube boxing’

Fury said during a recent appearance with IFL TV, “You'll see [if KSI is an easier fight than Jake Paul] you'll see for yourself. I'm keeping my lips shut because I want these guys in the ring. My plan is to get rid of YouTube boxing inside 12 months. I've heard the other man wants a rematch in February. So if I whoop him again in February, it'll be exactly 12 months to me beating him the first time. So if I can beat KSI in the middle of that, job done, yeah?”

Later this summer, Fury is anticipated to face KSI in his comeback. The other prominent YouTube boxer to fight and garner media attention is 'The Nightmare. There have been others, but Paul and KSI appear to have set them apart from the others.

TNT's hit list

Fury recently discussed his hit list in detail during an interview with Sky Sports. He said, “Everybody knows what's next for me, it's being teased at the minute. Hopefully we can get this KSI fight over the line and I'll knock off another YouTuber. That's my plan for this year. I want to end YouTube boxing within 12 months.”

He then added, “So that's my plan. So we'll see. I don't know. I just take it one fight at a time. All these guys are the same to me. There's not one that stands out from the rest. They're all about the same. So anyone can get it. I'm not bothered.”

He concluded by saying, “I'm used to, growing up fighting against proper boxers. These guys are a bit of a joke. I've said my hitlist. Jake Paul's already been struck off, KSI is next. Then from what I've seen the other day Jake Paul wants it again in February. Listen, I'm happy. I'm happy to keep these fights rolling in.”

Tags news