Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Vanna White reaches new deal with 'Wheel of Fortune' after no increase in pay for nearly two decades

2023-09-20 12:24
Vanna White was paid far less than Pat Sajak and received no pay increment for her role for 18 years
Vanna White reaches new deal with 'Wheel of Fortune' after no increase in pay for nearly two decades

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Vanna White has announced the extension of her contract through to the 2025-2026 season of 'Wheel of Fortune', which is sure to delight fans of the game show.

This move promises that the 66-year-old TV personality will not only accompany the show's long-time host Pat Sajak during his final season but she will also continue when Ryan Seacrest takes over as the show's host for the 2024-2025 season, according to People.

Vanna White was paid 5 times less than ex-host Pat Sajak for 'Wheel of Fortune'

White, who was paid $3 million a year, did not receive an increase in the pay for 18 years and was reportedly paid 5 times less than Sajak, who received about $15 million annually in 2016 per Forbes.

Following Sajak's retirement announcement, White, who joined the game show in 1982, hired an "aggressive new lawyer" to negotiate for a big paycheck from the show, which has been renewed through season 45.

White's iconic role as a letter-turner on the game board has made her a beloved figure in television history.

Pat Sajak's retirement from 'Wheel of Fortune'

Sajak announced his retirement from 'Wheel of Fortune' earlier this year and will be retiring at the end of Season 41.

"Well, the time has come. I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last," he wrote on June 13 on X, formerly Twitter.

"It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing else, it’ll keep the clickbait sites busy!)," Sajak added.

However, Sajak's legacy will live on as the 76-year-old host's daughter, Maggie Sajak, will take up the role of social media correspondent for the show.

Ryan Seacrest set to replace Pat Sajak on 'Wheel of Fortune'

On June 27, Seacrest announced that he would start his new role at 'Wheel of Fortune' from Season 42.

"I can't wait to continue the tradition of spinning the wheel and working alongside the great Vanna White," Seacrest said at the time.

Talking about taking up the challenge of stepping into the legendary host's shoes, Seacrest recently told ET that Sajak "is a legend. I've looked up to him forever. He's so good at that job, which, you know, is a little bit of pressure here."

"But he [Sajak] just said, 'You're going to have a great time. It's so much fun. What's better than giving away money and doing that every single night?' I can't wait to meet the contestants and do it," he added.