Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Britney Spears refutes homewrecker tag for dating Kevin Federline while he and Shar Jackson were expecting

2023-10-24 20:24
Brittany Spears responds to allegations of being a homewrecker for Kevin Federline and Shar Jackson in her new memoir
Britney Spears refutes homewrecker tag for dating Kevin Federline while he and Shar Jackson were expecting

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hitting back at allegations of being a homewrecker, Britney Spears has written in her new memoir, 'The Woman in Me,' that she was unaware of the fact that Kevin Federline had a baby on the way with Shar Jackson when she started dating him in 2004.

Federline, who was once engaged to Jackson, shares two children with her, daughter Kori Madison Federline, 21, and son Kaleb Michael Jackson Federline, 19.

"Kevin had a ‘bad boy’ image. Still, I had no idea when we met that he had a toddler, nor that his ex-girlfriend was eight months pregnant with his second baby,” insists Britney in her book.

'The Woman in Me' hits bookstores on October 24

"I was clueless," Spears says in the book, "I was living in a bubble, and I didn’t have a lot of good, close friends to confide in and get advice from. I had no idea until after we’d been together for a while and someone told me, ‘You know he has a new baby, right?'”

She remembers that she did not buy the news at first, but Federline came clean when she confronted him about it.

“‘You have kids?’ I said. ‘You have children? Not only one child but two children?'” she recalls asking him.

Federline had welcomed his first child Kori with Jackson in 2002, and his second in 2004, shortly after he began seeing the 'Toxic' singer, reported Page Six.

When Federline’s love triangle became news, Jackson came forward to claim that they had still been together when he moved on with Spears.

However, the now 47-year-old actress had reportedly stated at the time that she remained "really good friends” with the failed rapper, now 45, despite their relationship drama.

Britney Spears married Kevin Federline in October 2004

The couple had two sons of their own, Sean Preston and Jayden, before divorcing in 2007. The 41-year-old Grammy winner describes battling postpartum depression during her bitter custody battle with the DJ in her memoir.

“Kevin tried to convince everyone that I was completely out of control. He started to say I shouldn’t have my kids anymore — at all.”

Spears regained custody of Preston and Jayden after she was placed under a conservatorship in 2008 following two involuntary psychiatric hospitalizations.

The 'Gimme More' singer currently shares a rocky relationship with her sons. According to Page Six, they recently reconnected for a brief while before the boys moved to Hawaii with Federline in August.

Federline also has two daughters, Jordan and Peyton, with Victoria Prince, whom he is currently married to.

Tags news