Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The View' fans fed up with 'dumb' promotional antics of co-hosts ahead of Season 27 premiere

2023-09-05 13:45
'The View' co-hosts 'passed the phone' on show as they gear up for Season 27
'The View' fans fed up with 'dumb' promotional antics of co-hosts ahead of Season 27 premiere

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: In less than 24 hours, ‘The View’ Season 27 will bring Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Alyssa Farah Griffin, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, and Ana Navarro back to the panel.

As everyone prepares for the return of ‘The View,’ the promotion for the upcoming season is in full swing as the co-hosts participate in a light-hearted and humorous social media trend, “pass the phone.”

However, the internet doesn’t seem too thrilled about ‘The View’ co-hosts returning back on their screens, and they have flooded ‘The View’s social media with comments and responses slamming the co-hosts.

‘The View’ co-hosts 'pass the phone'

On X, formerly known as Twitter, ‘The View’ shared a video of all the co-hosts and wrote, “📲 The #HotTopics table is calling. See you tomorrow!”

In the video, Sara Haines started the social media trend as she held up the phone and said, “I’m passing the phone to someone who was invited to Donald Trump’s wedding.”

Haines passed the phone to Joy Behar who said, “Yes, it’s true, and I don’t know regretted it more, me or the bride.”

Behar continued, “I’m passing the phone to someone who loves her dog more than she loves anybody else in the world, including her husband.” Behar passed the phone to Ana Navarro who said, “I’m passing the phone to someone who has a legal note.”

Sunny Hostin gets passed on the phone, who then says, “I’m passing the phone to someone who can explain Scandoval.”

Alyssa Farah Griffin finally passes the phone to the “EGOT winner” of the group, aka Whoopi Goldberg, who barely participates in the trend.

Internet calls ‘The View’ promo as the 'dumbest thing ever'

In response to this video shared by ‘The View’ on Instagram and X, one person wrote, "A new season of spreading the hate and showing one view. Greaaaaaaaat,” and another said, “That’s the dumbest thing I've seen all day.”

People have also called out their use of Donald Trump’s name in the video as one fan wrote, "Why are you B*****S still talking about Donald Trump? You must really love the guy. Or that's what you need to do for RATINGS."

Some people have mocked the trend and ‘The View’ as one person wrote, “I’m passing on watching you hags!”

Another person wrote, “The Spew!! Spewing out Liberal propaganda and dividing America with their biased opinions. I’m still surprised that Liberals still watch this show.”

The hate towards ‘The View’ and co-hosts continued as one user said, “Fake news 100% LMAO Frauds.”