Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why does Charity Lawson have reservations about Dotun Olubeko? 'Bachelorette' says her connection with star is 'too good to be true'

2023-08-08 07:29
Charity Lawson and Dotun Olubeko have a good connection, making him a strong candidate for her final rose
Why does Charity Lawson have reservations about Dotun Olubeko? 'Bachelorette' says her connection with star is 'too good to be true'

FIJI, OCEANIA: Charity Lawson's hometown week concluded with a lot of uncertainty. When Joey Graziadei's uncle questioned Charity's knowledge of the actual Joey, the child and family therapist began to doubt how well she knew any of her finalists.

'The Bachelorette's Charity has grown close to Dotun Olubeko throughout the season, but she is beginning to worry whether their relationship is too good to be true. As her time on 'The Bachelorette' comes to an end, Charity worries whether her connection with Dotun is too good to be true. Charity and Dotun have a good connection, making him a strong candidate for her final rose. While Dotun is the clear favorite, Charity has strong ties to Joey and Xavier Bonner, making her selection tough but critical.

'It has exceeded all of my expectations'

As Charity's season of 'The Bachelorette' progressed, it became evident that she adored Dotun as well as her other finalists, Xavier and Joey. While Charity's relationship with each suitor has been distinct, fans have concluded that she is more likely to end up with Dotun than any of the others. With only a few days left to make a decision, Charity is beginning to question if her connection with Dotun is "too good to be true" as her time as 'The Bachelorette' comes to an end. Charity is unsure whether her and Dotun's love will be able to turn into reality, according to exclusive People footage. "Everything up until this point with Dotun has been exceptional," Charity said. "It has exceeded all of my expectations, but at the same time, it feels like everything is way too good to be true. But I’m hopeful that’s not the case," she added.

'He’s a long-term guy'

When Charity returned to Fresno, California, with Dotun, his parents surprised them by flying in from their yearly trip to Nigeria to meet the Bachelorette. Charity appreciated hearing from Dotun's brothers how Dotun was prepared for marriage and how reliable he had always been in relationships. Dotun's brother told Charity, "He’s not the kind of guy that dates around. He’s a long-term guy," adding that Dotun "never looks at other women." Charity also won over Dotun's mother. "I adopted you already," she said to Charity. Charity was conflicted about whom to give roses to after hometowns, but she finally opted to keep Dotun, Joey, and Xavier. That meant sending Aaron home, whom Charity had earlier stated ''marriage material.''

The Georgia native was concerned about saying "goodbye" to the 29-year-old software salesman. "I’m trying to make sense of what the hell I just did," Charity explained on video. "I’m falling in love with someone, yet I sent them home. The more I think about it, it’s actually, like, the most absurd thing I’ve ever done. What if I just made the absolute worst decision?"

'The Bachelorette' Season 20 airs Mondays at 8 pm ET on ABC.