Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Brittany Brower? 'America’s Next Top Model' star says she didn’t earn a single cent on Tyra Banks' hit show

2023-07-27 07:21
'We’re putting ourselves on the line and we’re the ones getting attacked, and for what cost?' Brittany Brower said
Who is Brittany Brower? 'America’s Next Top Model' star says she didn’t earn a single cent on Tyra Banks' hit show

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Brittany Brower, a former star at 'America's Next Top Model,' has alleged that she was exploited. She exposed the unpleasant truths of being a reality star by claiming that she was not paid for her appearance on Tyra Banks' hit talent series 'America’s Next Top Model.'

She reportedly said after being paid 'zero,' the network continued to exploit her image. She said it was without her permission and expressed regret the show was still creating money by airing episodes that she appeared in.

Who is Brittany Brower?

Brittany Brower, a former reality star, appeared on two episodes of 'America's Next Top Model.' She took part in 'Cycle Four' in 2005, finishing in fourth place. She went back to 'All Stars' in 2011 when she was eliminated in the first episode.

Brittany opened up about the exploitation she faced and told Daily Mail, “We were not paid. We were paid zero. We received a per dime for our groceries which was just a few hundred dollars, but when we went to a restaurant, we had to pick up the bill.” She said that she had trouble finding employment after the broadcast and that the network continues to exploit her image without her permission. Brower said “People are constantly sending me emails saying they’re watching my season. I’m like great, I’m so glad the show still has a following and is still making money, but I get absolutely nothing from it. It’s just such bull****.”

'We’re putting ourselves on the line'

Brittany is also urging improvements in the sector to safeguard reality stars' rights, such as residual payments for past, present, and future talent. The former 'America's Next Top Model' star further shared with the publication, “I would like to be retroactively paid for these networks using my image all over these streaming services. We’re putting ourselves on the line and we’re the ones getting attacked, and for what cost?”

She also said that she supports the demands being made by the writers' and performers' unions 'SAG-AFTRA' and 'WGA' for improved working conditions and pay.

'I think it’s great that they’re striking'

The 'Cycle Four' participant said, “I think it’s great that they’re striking. I think it’s about time that they get what they deserve.” Brittany hopes that other reality stars will support the cause for improved rights and recognition, particularly those with greater notoriety and clout. “We need those bigger names and bigger people from the big shows to stand with us and try to make a change.” Brittany is hoping that one day she would receive residual payments even though she enjoyed her time on Top Model and has no regrets about how she looked. “Yes, we signed up for it, but I just want to be compensated for it. I had a blast on the show. I’m glad I made good TV for you guys, but I’ll take my check now.”

Tags news