Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Dr Pimple Popper' Season 9: Where is Christina now? Dr Sandra Lee helps patient regain peripheral vision by removing blistery bump like 'grapefruit'

2023-07-20 10:25
In 'Dr Pimple Popper', Christina goes to see Dr Sandra Lee because she has growths around her eyes that are packed with fluids
'Dr Pimple Popper' Season 9: Where is Christina now? Dr Sandra Lee helps patient regain peripheral vision by removing blistery bump like 'grapefruit'

UPLAND, CALIFORNIA: A woman is afraid of bursting the 'blistery' bumps dangling below her eyes for fear of going blind. However, the 'grapefruit'-like growths are obstructing some of her peripheral vision, and she is now seeking medical attention.

The patient is sharing her experience on 'Dr Pimple Popper', which sees people throughout America see dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon Dr Sandra Lee for help with their troubles and 'spots'. In past episodes, this has varied from a person with 'maggots' in their toes to rashes that smelled like "hot garbage." Dr Lee has previously assisted patients with a "third boob" beneath an armpit, as well as a guy with 400 tumors across his body. However, one patient is now afraid of going blind.

Who is Christina on 'Dr Pimple Popper'?

Christina tells the TLC camera on the July 19th episode of 'Dr Pimple Popper,' "The one on my right eye feels liquid-filled." A family member adds, "It almost looks like a large blister."

The patient goes on to say that it has veins around it, which worries her. "In all honesty, it feels like a big grapefruit hanging off the right side of my eye," Christina says. "The one on my left side looks like a bruise, almost like a blueberry."

She sobs as she describes seeing these bumps out of the corner of her eyes whenever she looks at anyone or anything. "I can’t see anything out of my peripheral."

She goes on to say that when people question why she doesn't pop them, it's because she's afraid. "One of my major fears is possibly going blind. They’re mystery bumps, I don’t know what it is. The not knowing is just eating away at me, every day."

What happened to Christina on 'Dr Pimple Popper'?

Christina tells Dr Lee that she works as a manager in a fast-food restaurant and that she can't see out of the corners of her eyes, making things tough at work. Dr Lee examines Christina's vein-covered, tiny grapefruits. Christina's cysts are making her feel self-conscious.

Dr Lee takes it upon herself to give Christina a permanent fix. She diagnosed the cyst as a hidrocystoma. Hidrocystoma is a benign cystic tumor that develops from the eccrine or apocrine sweat gland. Apocrine sweat glands create odorous sweat, but eccrine sweat glands produce the majority of other forms of perspiration, which is still harmless. Hidrocystomas grow slowly and commonly appear on the face, scalp, or eyelid, although they are asymptomatic. Hidrocystomas are uncertain in their specific cause; however, they may appear when a sweat gland becomes clogged.

The doctor slit one of the hidrocystomas and pressed it between her two fingers. Then, surprise, a light pink and clear liquid oozes out, similar to when you pop and drain a blister.

Where is Christina from 'Dr Pimple Popper' now?

Finally, the hidrocystomas were destroyed and eradicated before the end of the episode. Witnessing that sweat spray out—7 years of bottled-up sweat—was quite an experience for the viewers.

Christina's eyes could be clearly seen in her final updates. She no longer appears furious or depressed. Hopefully, this will never happen to her again. She would no longer have blocked sweat glands.

'Dr Pimple Popper' Season 9 airs every Wednesday on TLC at 9 PM ET.