Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why was Gunplay arrested in Miami? Florida rapper charged with battery and child abuse

2023-08-21 14:45
Gunplay's wife released a detailed statement on Instagram explaining what transpired between the two, blaming his 'very bad drinking problem'
Why was Gunplay arrested in Miami? Florida rapper charged with battery and child abuse

MIAMI, FLORIDA: Rapper Richard Morales, better known as Gunplay, has been arrested on multiple charges. The former Maybach Music Group artist has been accused of pointing a rifle at his wife and their 6-month-old baby.

This allegedly happened after she asked him to quiet down while playing Call of Duty. The incident came to light after Gunplay's wife posted a detailed statement on her Instagram account on Sunday.

Florida rapper Gunplay allegedly pointed rifle at wife and 6-month-old baby

Gunplay faces several charges including domestic violence, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, child abuse and false imprisonment per arrest documents obtained by XXL.

He has, however, denied all the allegations and is currently jailed with his bail amount set at $20,000. The confrontation between him and his wife allegedly took place after she asked him to be quieter while he played Call of Duty on his Xbox so that he did not wake their infant daughter.

Gunplay's wife opens up about the incident and is filing for divorce

Gunplay's wife talked about the incident which led to his arrest in an Instagram post on her profile. She began by saying, "I want everyone to know my daughter and I are safe. My daughter safety is my first priority."

Beginning to explain her side of the story, she said, "Unfortunately, Richard is back using and developed a very bad drinking problem. I've tried everything in my power to help him and love him. This is a demon he has to overcome on his own. At this point, I really believe it's too late."

She then narrated the incident in detail, "To summarize last night event. I asked Richard to quiet down as he scared the baby sleeping by yelling playing call of duty. He started going off on me for asking him to be quiet."

She continued, "I tried to collect a bag so my daughter and I can go to a room while he sobers up. He didn't want us to level and things went left fast. He was arrested last night, the weapon is in police custody."

She concluded, "I have a restraining order, my daughter is in my custody and I'm filing for divorce. He will never get the chance to disrespect us again. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. This is a very traumatizing experience please keep me in your prayers."

Several users expressed their solidarity with her. One user commented, "You deserve better! You and your daughter do! You deserve peace and safety," adding, "Leave and never go back ! You’re a smart lady I’m sure you know this tho!!!"

Another expressed relief now that the baby was out of danger, saying, "I'm glad you & your baby are okay. Sending prayers your way."

One user expressed that they had no hope whatsoever of Gunplay ever mending his ways. The person wrote, "You're young and beautiful I DK how you got wrapped up with that old man he had a problem before you."

They added, "He's gonna have a problem after you because he truly has not dealt with the things that are causing him to have these types of addictions. He definitely needs rehab."

Another user was quick to react, writing, "I’m so sorry you experienced this. Proud of you for drawing the boundary quickly for you and your daughter’s safety and health. It’s so important that we model for our daughters that harm is intolerable. You’re doing a good job, mommy."

Who is Florida rapper Gunplay?

Richard Morales, also known by his stage name Gunplay, is a 44-year-old rapper based out of Miami, Florida. He began his hip-hop career in fellow Florida-based rapper Rick Ross' group Triple C's.

He was also featured in the MTV reality show 'Love & Hip Hop Miami'. His album 'Living Legend' and mixtape 'Bogota Rich' received critical acclaim and cemented his position in the industry.

Who is Gunplay's wife Vonshae Taylor-Morales?

Vonshae Taylor-Morales is Gunplay's fiance turned wife. She is a graduate of the University of Miami and is reportedly much younger than Gunplay.