Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'THRIFT STORE ITEMS?': '90 Day Fiance' fans slam Liz Woods as she shares $25 Mother's Day gift idea

2023-05-13 12:20
A fan wrote, 'Plz hold the gift and save your coins if it’s from goodwill! I’ll take a handwritten card'
'THRIFT STORE ITEMS?': '90 Day Fiance' fans slam Liz Woods as she shares $25 Mother's Day gift idea

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA: Big Ed Brown recently released a hilarious video on Instagram in honor of Mother's Day, but many followers didn't find it enjoyable and criticized it. Now, his on-again-off-again partner, Liz Woods shared DIY content ahead of Mother's Day, she wasn't spared either.

On May 8, Big Ed from the '90 Day Fiancé' series made an uplifting Mother's Day post that entirely flopped owing to logical errors. Fans mocked him after he shared a video on Mother's Day in which his movements appeared phony. Ed posted an Instagram clip of himself operating a washing machine and proudly remarked, "This Mother's Day, I'm doing the laundry." He was shown in the video taking cleaned garments from one side, making fun of his diminutive stature, and using the dryer. Fans, on the other hand, were absolutely dissatisfied by the whole incident, believing Big Ed lied to promote his cameo.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Broken up..but still together?' '90 Day Fiance' stars Ed and Liz's relationship status remains mystery

'90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After?' Season 7: Ed and Liz slammed for being 'thirsty' to be on TV

'Mothers Day Gift On A Budget'

Liz took to Instagram on May 12, to share a video captioned "Mothers Day Gift On A Budget" with her followers. She said how she was in a Facebook group and noticed a lot of messages about not having enough money, not knowing what to do for them, wanting to do something different from the usual flowers and going out to dine, or it just being too expensive due to the holiday. So Liz decided to make a little film showing how you can be creative and put something together without spending a lot of money. She continues, "I love doing this around Christmas, especially for white elephant gifts or Secret Santa." Rather than spending $20 to $30 on flowers, she was able to make what she considers to be a nice gift basket to give or receive.

The caption in the video invites the followers to shop for a $25 Mother's Day gift. The goal is to stay within a friendly budget of $25. She recommended that you check out your local thrift store for some excellent buys. She also included a Mother's Day card with the gift basket. Furthermore, she also said how she enjoys the Dollar Tree since it is fantastic for gift wrap. "Since I chose a refreshment dispense for my main item, I'm going to include some tea bags and instant lemonade bags," she said. Liz understands how many extra dishcloths moms use.

She dashed in for some glassware, deciding to save the previous item for herself and pick up another glassware to add to her Mother's Day present basket. She also mentioned how fresh fruit and filtered water are great drink refreshers. Her final total was $26.53. She later kept the candleholder for herself, bringing the amount down to the promised $25.

'I'd be mad as hell'

Even though the intention behind the video was to help people struggling to budget their gifts, Liz was heavily trolled for her DIY idea. One mom wrote, "I'd be mad as hell if my kids only thought I was worth $25 at the thiftstore." One user asked, "No disrespect but how are u on a budget when u guys are famous ! I’m seriously wondering 💭." While speaking of getting things from thrift store, oner person wrote, "Girl tell me you did not got the candle from the thrift store 😱 buying candles, photo frames, clocks and mirrors are a bad idea 👎 you don’t know what the previous owner did to them." A fourth user just wrote, "Is very cheep."

Commenting on her Goodwill purchase, one fan commented, "Plz hold the gift and save your coins if it’s from goodwill! I’ll take a handwritten card." One user noted, "For the price she paid for the candle stand and that old candle could of got a whole new great smelling one at Ross." Bringing up moments from the TLC show, one fan wrote, "The way you put your daughter after Ed, you don’t deserve anything for Mother’s Day." One user just couldn't wrap their head around the shopping venue chosen for Mother's Day, "THRIFT STORE ITEMS! REALLY?!"

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news