Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Carly Pearce and her BF Riley King call it quits after 2 years, citing 'trust issues': Source

2023-06-08 03:26
'Yes, things didn’t work out. Carly and I have parted ways and I wish her nothing but the best in both her career and personal life,' said Riley King
Carly Pearce and her BF Riley King call it quits after 2 years, citing 'trust issues': Source

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE: Carly Pearce has broken up with her boyfriend Riley King. The now-former couple was together for two years, and because of ‘trust issues’ they ended their relationship. King confirmed the news by saying, “Yes, things didn’t work out. Carly and I have parted ways and I wish her nothing but the best in both her career and personal life.”

“She has a lot of trust issues. She went through that divorce with Michael Ray, and parts of that she’s still coping with and struggling with,” it said. The insider added that the country singer had a tough time coping with the split just after eight months into their wedding and also that Pearce's music was in reference to her divorce mostly ‘took a toll’ on King. She has not officially confirmed the breakup and has stayed busy promoting her upcoming single, ‘We Don’t Fight Anymore,’ featuring Chris Stapleton, as reported by Page Six.

'The distance feels heartbreaking'

“This song embodies a place that I think, if we are honest with ourselves, we’ve all felt at some point in a relationship,” she wrote in her Instagram post. “The distance feels heartbreaking, yet you’re also indifferent. I’ve always been a writer who never wanted to shy away from the “uncomfortable” moments in all of our lives, and this song feels too important not to share. @chrisstapleton, you made my dreams come true by lending your incredible talents to this song. “We Don’t Fight Anymore” available everywhere June 16th.”

'This was not the marriage that I wanted'

Pearce,33, and Ray, 35, tied the knot in October 2019, in Nashville, Tennessee, but their marriage didn’t last long. She later told People, “I did everything that I knew how to do. It takes two people to work on something.”

The singer never shared the reason for the split, but indirectly suggested a possible cause could be ‘cheating,’ “When you love somebody, you trust them.” She also said, "I believe we don't go through things that we're not supposed to go through. My love was real. I will stand by that forever. This was not a flippant decision. This was something that I really took time to make sure I was doing the right thing. It was very clear that this was not the marriage that I wanted, Pierce reflected on her divorce.

Tags news epcelebs