Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did 'DWTS' Season 32 producers take a dig at Adrian Peterson? Disney Night song choice sparks speculations

2023-10-18 09:47
'DWTS' Season 32 contestants Adrian Peterson and Britt Stewart were assigned a song from the Disney film 'Dumbo'
Did 'DWTS' Season 32 producers take a dig at Adrian Peterson? Disney Night song choice sparks speculations

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 Adrian Peterson and his partner Britt Stewart performed a Viennese Waltz on the new episode. However, 'DWTS' fans think that producers mocked the controversial star Adrian.

Adrian and Britt prepared to take the ballroom floor and the 'DWTS' Instagram account announced that they were assigned 'Dumbo' for Disney Week.

However, a Reddit user shared a screenshot of the show's Instagram announcement, where viewers claimed that they perceived it as a shady song choice.

Multiple social media users seemed to think the film choice was no coincidence, and they took to Reddit and wrote, "I just thought this was funny at first glance." "Dumbo indeed," added another person.

Another Reddit user said, "They trolling?" Another user noted, "Because he's abusive... he beat his 4-year-old son a few years back.. yet he claiming on the show he's a family man lol what a DUMBO."

Another follower wrote, "Very much on the nose." Another critic claimed, "LMAOOO nah someone in the marketing department at DWTS knows what they doing."

i just thought this was funny at first glance
byu/Reasonable-Pay7727 indancingwiththestars Comment
byu/Reasonable-Pay7727 from discussion
indancingwiththestars Comment
indancingwiththestars

'DWTS' Season 32 celebrates 100th anniversary of Disney

'DWTS' Season 32 Episode 4 had a special theme night dedicated to Disney's 100th anniversary. Contestants performed routines choreographed to songs from a variety of nostalgic Disney films.

The latest episode paid tribute to Disney's long history and impact on the entertainment industry over the past century. The contestants showcased their skills while also celebrating a significant cultural milestone.

The celebrities and pro dancers performed on a range of Disney songs, including classics like 'Be Our Guest' from 'Beauty and the Beast' and modern hits like 'Into the Unknown' from 'Frozen II'.

Adrian Peterson shows big improvement since his 'DWTS' debut

Adrian Peterson had quite a tough start as he was on the bottom during his 'DWTS' debut. He teamed up with pro dancer, Britt Stewart, and performed Salsa to 'Yeah!' by Usher.

Following their performance, Derek said, "It was a little too hard, not enough rhythm, but great first dance!" However, they scored 18 out of 30.

Meanwhile, in the previous episode, Adrian's scores jumped to 22 out of 30. Adrian and Britt showed their quickstep to 'I Want You Back' by Jackson 5.

Cheryl Burke slams Adrian Peterson amid his child abuse controversy

After Sharna Burgess called out the ABC show for casting football player Adrian Peterson in its upcoming Season 32 despite his past child abuse charge, Cheryl Burke chimed in to share her take on the controversial contestants.

Cheryl, who once competed as a pro on the competition series, slammed Adrian's 'DWTS' casting. In an interview with Variety, Cheryl said, "We've had a lot of controversial characters on the show."

Cheryl added, "I think I danced with Ray Lewish that was a bit controversial. When it comes to abuse, I do agree with Sharna. However, you sign up to be part of the show."

New episodes of 'DWTS' Season 32 air every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC and Disney+.