Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

You can't make this up: Swifties 'find out' that priest blocking projection of Taylor Swift shirt on Christ statue is Ariana Grande fan

2023-11-16 19:57
Rio Mayor Eduardo Paes acknowledged the fan's request to honor Taylor Swift in his X post
You can't make this up: Swifties 'find out' that priest blocking projection of Taylor Swift shirt on Christ statue is Ariana Grande fan

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL: Taylor Swift fans in Brazil want to welcome the pop star uniquely by projecting the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue with her 'Junior Jewels' T-shirt from her 'You Belong With Me' music video.

However, Swifties are blaming Padre Omar, who runs the projections at the statue, for not making this happen because he is an Ariana Grande fan.

Swifties dragged the priest into the issue after Rio Mayor Eduardo Paes acknowledged the fan's request to honor the 'Cruel Summer' singer in his X post.

According to USA Today, he wrote, "Dear @taylorswift13 fans, I'm going to ask dear Father Omar to see if we can get this honor," Paes wrote. "He's the guy who runs the projections at @cristoredentor! In the meantime: his Instagram is @padreomaroficial."

Swifties flooded Omar's Instagram with requests to grant permission. Even he reacted to it through an IG story, saying, "@taylorswift fans, we received your comments with great joy and await contact from the singer's advisors."

Despite a fake video circulating on social media, no official announcement has been made about facelifting the Christ statue.

Swift will start the Eras Tour in Brazil on November 17 at the Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos in Rio de Janeiro.

Swifties alleges the priest is an Ariana Grande fan

Omar's latest IG posts have become a 'petition floor' for the Brazilian Swifties.

Though the priest has responded to the messages, Swifties are lining up against him because he apparently deleted the comments on his Instagram asking him to customize the monument to honor Swift.

The fandom war started by the Mayor thus took a different turn, with Swifties blaming the priest as an Ariana Grande fan, and apparently, that is why he is not ready to facelift the Christ statue with Swift's 'Junior Jewels' t-shirt.

Most of the comments include things like people pointing at Swift being a Catholic and has a beautiful relationship with her family. So Swift should be honored as a repayment for her affection for people.

The 98-foot-long Christ the Redeemer is one of the 'Seven Wonders of the World' and is located at the peak of the Corcovado mountain in Rio.

Swifties slam Padre Omar for not approving their request

Swifties are not ready to give up; however, they believe that Omar, allegedly being a Grande fan, will be an obstacle to honoring the 'Shake It Off' singer at Rio.

One user said, "How do i explain to gringas that brazilian swifties are trying to get junior jewels projected onto christ the redeemer but the priest (?) that controls the projections is an arianator and is deleting the comments asking for it."

Another user said, "The brazilian fanbases and fans are trying to make this happen! the mayor saw the comments and told us the responsible for it was a priest. we're commenting on his instagram, but he's deleting them. he follows ariana grande though so we're blaming it on him being arianator."

"The fact that hes an arianator is sending me," said one user while another chimed in, "The fact that he's an arianator is taking me out."

Another one commented on Instagram, quoting the Bible, "Funny pastor deleting comments he just forgot that Luke 10:13-16 Jesus says: "Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you despises me, but whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

Tags news