Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Kamie Crawford's ex-boyfriend? 'Catfish' host claims Taylor Swift is using Travis Kelce as distraction from 'problematic' Matty Healy

2023-10-01 21:59
Taylor Swift's 'involvement with Kelce is generating more positive publicity,' Kamie Crawford noted
Who is Kamie Crawford's ex-boyfriend? 'Catfish' host claims Taylor Swift is using Travis Kelce as distraction from 'problematic' Matty Healy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Catfish' co-host Kamie Crawford has expressed her belief that Taylor Swift's rumored relationship with Travis Kelce is being used as a distraction from her previous involvement with Matty Healy, whom Crawford deems "problematic." Crawford was earlier involved with Gordon Dillard.

During an upcoming episode of Page Six’s 'Virtual Reali-Tea' podcast, Crawford discussed her perspective on Swift's romantic entanglements, the publicity surrounding them, and Healy's controversial behavior.

Kamie Crawford's take on Taylor Swift's relationships

"She was in a relationship with [Matty] Healy, it was public. The PR for that went really bad and the PR for this is doing really well,” Crawford said.

“So, good luck,” she continued. “… I used to love The 1975, still love some of the songs. But he’s made some very problematic comments.”

"In contrast, her involvement with Kelce is generating more positive publicity," she added.

She acknowledged that Swift's relationship with Healy came shortly after her breakup with longtime beau Joe Alwyn.

“She was in a longterm relationship,” she said. “Then she was in a relationship with someone that wasn’t good. And I think people are skipping over that. I think people are thinking that, like, [Matty] Healy was the rebound guy.”

Healy's racist verbal attacks on Ice Spice

Crawford highlighted an incident in February 2023 when Healy made racist verbal attacks during an appearance on the 'Adam Friedland Show' podcast, targeting 'Princess Diana' emcee Ice Spice, who would later collaborate with Swift.

Healy laughed as the podcast hosts mocked a Chinese accent and called Ice Spice an “Inuit Spice Girl” and a “chubby Chinese lady.”

He later issued a public apology to her during one of his concerts.

Ice Spice, in a September 2023 interview with Variety, expressed confusion about Healy's remarks and mentioned that he had personally apologized to her multiple times at a fashion event.

“I don’t know what is actually happening there or if anything’s happening. My wife [Laura Perlongo] and I have already speculated, ‘Is it just a publicity stunt for the NFL?’” he wondered.

'Catfish' hosts on Travis Kelce

“I had never heard of that guy, although I know he’s an accomplished football player,” Nev Schulman, 39, said. “So, it’s great for him.”

Schulman also shared that Swift has expressed her love for the show 'Catfish'.

Swift recently attended a Kansas City Chiefs and Chicago Bears game alongside Kelce's mother, Donna, sitting in a private suite.

She had previously met Kelce's loved ones at his Kansas City mansion. After the game, Swift joined Kelce and his teammates at an afterparty, where they were photographed cuddling up to each other.

In a lighthearted tone, Crawford concluded the discussion by jokingly questioning which group - NFL fans or Swifties - they should be more cautious about. Meanwhile, Schulman confirmed that Swift is a fan of 'Catfish'.

As for 'Catfish', it is set to return with new episodes on MTV starting Tuesday, October 3, at 8 pm ET.

Tags news