Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I had soap in my eyes': Garth Brooks recalls 'showering' with Steven Tyler at Billy Joel concert

2023-05-19 15:16
'I had soap in my eyes and I look around and there's Steven Tyler, and he's showering too,' Brooks revealed on 'The Kelly Clarkson Show'
'I had soap in my eyes': Garth Brooks recalls 'showering' with Steven Tyler at Billy Joel concert

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Garth Brooks shared a surprising fact on 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' on Thursday, May 18, that he had showered with Aerosmith icon Steven Tyler at a Billy Joel concert. The 61-year-old country singer, known for hits like 'Friends In Low Places' recently co-hosted the 58th ACM Awards alongside Dolly Parton.

On the show, Brooks participated in a wheel game where he had to perform a song on his guitar based on the music artist or group displayed on the screen. During the game, the rock band Aerosmith appeared on the screen, leading to a humorous comment from Clarkson who jokingly said, "I thought I was going to marry Steven Tyler," while also pointing out to Brooks, "You've gotta have an Aerosmith song!"

READ MORE

Dolly Parton: 3 unknown facts about actress who joked of threesome with Garth Brooks at ACM Awards

'Disgusting': Garth Brooks slammed for praising 'racist' Morgan Wallen at ACM awards

'I look around and there's Steven Tyler'

Brooks then casually revealed to Clarkson and the audience, "I showered with him." This caught her attention, who interrupted by saying, "Oh wait, you covered 'The Fever'," but then quickly realized what Brooks had actually said. She questioned him, "Did you say, 'I showered with him?'" Following the laughter from the host and the audience, Brooks proceeded to explain the context, saying, "So, we're playing The Last Play at Shea with Billy Joel [2008]. They're getting ready to tear down Shea Stadium in New York. And I go out there, and I'm late anyway, and they have just the baseball showers. And I'm in there showering, getting ready for the show."

"I had soap in my eyes and I look around and there's Steven Tyler, and he's showering too," 'The Dance' hitmaker stated. "Hey! How are you doing?" he recalled asking the performer in the shower stalls. "And so...how many people get to say that?" he jokingly asked Clarkson. In response to Brooks' explanation, Clarkson playfully replied, "Well, who knows?" while clapping her hands together and releasing a laugh.

Garth Brooks and Steven Tyler's onstage collaborations

Garth Brooks, 61, and Steven Tyler, 75, had the opportunity to perform together on stage during Billy Joel's 'The Last Play' shows at Shea Stadium before it was demolished. They also had encounters backstage, such as at the CMA Awards in 2014, and posed for a cheerful photo together at the 50th Academy of Country Music Awards in 2015.

Both artists will be returning to the stage, with Brooks starting his Las Vegas residency titled 'Garth Brooks Plus ONE' on May 18th. According to Rolling Stone, the renowned country singer has recently expanded his residency by adding 18 additional dates starting in April 2024. "When the 2023 shows went on sale, I felt extremely fortunate and blessed," Garth said. "To even think I would get do this for another year makes me happier than I can explain. Thank you for the chance."

Meanwhile, Aerosmith also made an exciting announcement about their highly anticipated farewell tour named 'Peace Out'. The legendary band will be accompanied by special guest 'The Black Crowes'. The official tour is set to kick off on September 2 and will conclude on January 26, 2024, in Montreal.

Tags news epcelebs