Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amber Heard's 'In the Fire' director Conor Allyn praises her intelligence, says she 'has a bright future ahead'

2023-06-27 05:25
In the thriller film 'In the Fire,' Amber Heard plays a psychiatrist in the 1890s and her character named Grace sets out to help a child
Amber Heard's 'In the Fire' director Conor Allyn praises her intelligence, says she 'has a bright future ahead'

SICILY, ITALY: At the premiere of Amber Heard's comeback movie 'In the Fire', the film's director Conor Allyn shared his thoughts about her future in Hollywood. The filming of the project was completed in March 2022 months before the beginning of her controversial defamation trial with ex-husband Johnny Depp.

In the thriller film, Heard plays a psychiatrist in the 1890s when her area of work was not considered a respected science and her character named Grace sets out to help a child in Columbia. The indie film had its world premiere in Italy at the 69th Taormina Film Festival on June 23, reported People.

'This is something she is very proud of'

During the festival, the 37-year-old actress, her co-stars, and Allyn spoke to the festival-goers and the press about the movie and were seen posing together on the red carpet. Talking to the outlet at the festival, Allyn said, "Amber has an incredibly bright future ahead. I think In the Fire showcases her talents as an actor. I know this is something she is very proud of and it’s something we are very excited to release to the public."

"I think it will be a great opportunity for her to have something beyond the trial and stuff to talk about and to be a platform for a hell of a comeback," Allyn added.

Allyn believes Heard will direct films one day

The indie film director said that he believes that the 'Aquaman' actress will be able to direct films one day. "As a director, I never look for more competition than there already is. But Amber absolutely has the ability and the intelligence and the charisma to direct or to write if she wants to," Allyn said.

"There are a lot of different talents involved in making a movie ... but most of all you need to be able to tell a story, to find the interesting elements, whether it is in the character or in the story as a whole, and to understand the entirety of what’s happening. And she gets that. I can see her directing," he added.

Heard says the movie is about the 'boundaries that love can cross'

At the movie's premiere in Italy, Heard told the outlet that the film is "a beautiful movie about the almost supernatural effect and force of love," and added, "It is about the boundaries that love can cross and its creation, and really about the overwhelming power that love has. I don’t want to sound cheesy about it, but it’s a movie about love."

Talking about Heard's character, Allyn said the actress "had an immediate connection with this character and her skills and talents and intelligence but also her flaws; she could bring them to life in a way no one else could." He also shared that Heard echoed the same passion he had throughout the film's production. "People don’t do indie films for the paycheck, they do it out of passion. Your job as a director is to get everyone as excited as you are. With Amber I had a partner who had the same passion for the role and for the movie and the story itself," Allyn said.

Tags news