Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Charli D’Amelio opens up about mental health and fame on Jay Shetty's 'On Purpose' podcast

2023-11-08 15:25
TikTok and Gen Z icon Charli D'Amelio was the first on the platform to hit 100 million followers
Charli D’Amelio opens up about mental health and fame on Jay Shetty's 'On Purpose' podcast

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The reigning queen of TikTok and Gen Z icon Charli D'Amelio was the first on the platform to reach 100 million followers and is currently the leading female TikTok creator with over 150 million followers, making her the most followed person on the platform.​

She recently appeared on Jay Shetty's 'On Purpose' podcast.

The youngest D'Amelio member and co-founder of D'Amelio Footwear spoke candidly during the podcast about how she maintained her self-esteem and identity while overcoming the challenges of online bullying and fame.

She even talked about her breaking point even when she had 100 million followers on TikTok.

3 key takeaways from Charlie D'Amelio's chat with Jay Shetty

Embracing authenticity and positivity

During her conversation, D'Amelio says how it is essential to give ourselves permission, to be frank and truthful with ourselves. Positive self-talk and a reduction in self-criticism are two things that Charli D'Amelio advocates.

She emphasizes the value of appreciating the small things in life and paying attention to them.

She says, "It's about changing our minds from pessimistic to optimistic, even in situations that don't seem important."

She added, "You just have to be authentic. You just can't fake a smile. You have to do what you actually enjoy."

The true reality behind fame

It isn't true that public figures are exempted from real emotions and challenges.

Charli D'Amelio admits that there were times when she felt agitated or under stress psychologically while recording her show for no apparent reason.

She stresses how difficult it may be to distance oneself from the persona that is depicted on television and notes that occasionally her own feelings aren't even conveyed in the finished work.

Additionally, Charli discusses how working with family can be difficult and lead to tension, especially when each person is dealing with personal issues.

She said, "People need to understand money and fame is just a tool. True joy and happiness is a mindset and about loving and moments of time."

Valuing emotional support and self-care

In her collaborations, Charli D'Amelio adores candid communication and emotional support.

She emphasized the importance of understanding how important it is to communicate her emotions and ask for support from loved ones when she needs it.

This highlights how important emotional openness and connection are to preserving wholesome relationships.

During the podcast, she said, "I think back to those times and the grown adults that put 16-year-old me in that mindset and I’m just like, you guys have kids now,” adding “I wish that they could see what they did to me and how truly horrible they treated me.”

Additionally, Charli opened up about her excitement with her dogs and her passion for dance. It shows that she prioritizes self-care, self-expression, and exploring new interests outside of her career.

Tags news