Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tom Cruise's 'MI:7' co-star Hayley Atwell praises the 60-year-old action star's 'stratospheric running speed'

2023-06-24 18:55
'One thing I will say about watching his run: he runs with every cell in his body,' said Hayley Atwell about Tom Cruise’s action scenes
Tom Cruise's 'MI:7' co-star Hayley Atwell praises the 60-year-old action star's 'stratospheric running speed'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tom Cruise's love for running is no secret, and unsurprisingly, he runs at an enormous speed. While most people think about going slow and steady at the age of 60, Cruise has to be the one who's defying those notions, both in his career and athletic capabilities. If his 'Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One' co-star Hayley Atwell is to be believed, Cruise runs at a "stratospheric speed" that most people can not even think of reaching.

Atwell once found herself getting quizzed about her running speed in comparison to Cruise during the world premiere of the seventh installment in the 'Mission: Impossible' franchise. When asked, the Marvel alum did not leave any stone unturned to praise the star who has almost attained the status of a superhuman in terms of physical activities.

According to the interview posted on 'Mission Impossible's TikTok account, as noted by Cinemablend, the actress said that the 'Top Gun: Maverick' actor uses his entire body to run. Atwell reportedly said, "One thing I will say about watching his run: he runs with every cell in his body," adding, "So you feel that every cell is alive, and I don't know how he does that." Appreciation and admiration were clearly noted when she said, "People can run fast, but the way he has studied form and composition and anatomically how he's worked out how to put the elbow and the knee just in the right place makes him look likes he's cutting through air at stratospheric speed."

'Running in movies since 1981'

As evident from his roles in the movies, Cruise loves to run. In fact, sometimes, he even shares his love for the activity on his social media accounts. On the occasion of 'Global Running Day' on June 7, Cruise posted a humorous tweet, captioning it, "Running in #MissionImpossible movies since 1996. #GlobalRunningDay." He also shared a clip of him running in one of the movies of the 'Mission: Impossible' franchise. The 'Knight and Day' star also updated his profiles on both Twitter and Instagram, writing, "Running in movies since 1981." Notably, 1981 marks the year of his onscreen debut in films like 'Endless Love' and 'Taps'.

'What I feel is the truly extraordinary power of platonic love'

Atwell is not only enamored with Cruise, the stuntman but with his qualities as a human being. During an interview with Country and Town House, Atwell said, "I see a lot of his courage as a human being – he retains that sort of childlike wonder, which has a wisdom to it, which is, 'I don't know, and I don't know what I don't know'." She didn't stop there as she went on to explore the extent of their "platonic" love for each other. About their supposed dating rumors, she said, "I felt like if I ever was worried about it, I could talk to him [Tom]," before adding, "And I know that he would've said, 'People say whatever they want to say, but you know who you are, I know who I am, and I want you to feel safe in this environment'."

Atwell continued, "What I feel is the truly extraordinary power of platonic love, which seems to be sometimes under-represented. And my love for Tom, my love for the process of this [Mission], and also the people who they keep very close to them and who are very present on set, has a wholesomeness to it. That for me, I just found so beautiful, so, yeah, I can freely say 'I love this group of people'," as reported by Daily Mail.

Tags news epcelebs