Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan: Why doesn't the marijuana advocate and cigar smoker 'allow cigarettes'?

2023-05-26 13:51
Joe Rogan is a marijuana advocate and cigar smoker but he avoids cigarettes for a variety of reasons
Joe Rogan: Why doesn't the marijuana advocate and cigar smoker 'allow cigarettes'?

Joe Rogan, the 55-year-old host of the world-famous podcast 'The Joe Rogan Experience', is an avid advocate of marijuana and cigar smoke. Rogan is known for his uncensored honesty, and he is not afraid to share his views, especially on contentious matters.

While Rogan publicly smokes cigars on his show, his view on another commonly used narcotic is slightly hypocritical. He is a self-proclaimed "psychedelic adventurer" who embraces the exploration of mind-altering substances but does not ignore the potential dangers.

READ MORE:

'It's a good illness to have': Joe Rogan opens up on his mental health struggles

Joe Rogan has fanboy moment with 'John Wick' star Keanu Reeves: 'He’s normal as f**k'

'I don’t allow cigarettes'

Rogan freely displays his disdain for cigarettes because they're so addictive. While he does not share the same hatred for marijuana smoking, he has a strong dislike for cigarettes. "I don't allow cigarettes," Rogan remarked.

"I’m pretty sure it gives you cancer. I see people smoking cigarettes, I know they get tired quicker, I know it’s terrible for you. So, I don’t allow it. When I see people smoking cigarettes, I'm like what allowed cigarettes into his life?" He further states, "It’s not that I couldn’t get addicted. I think we could all get addicted.”

Marijuana has a negative image, yet it also has certain advantages. In contrast, Rogan emphasizes his concerns about the risk of cancer and addiction linked with smoking cigarettes. Despite the cognitive enhancement associated with smoking cigarettes, he remains adamantly opposed to the practice, The Sports Rush reported.

'No one should be in jail for weed'

Rogan is an outspoken opponent of imprisonment for marijuana use, arguing that it should not be a criminal offense. NBA star Brittney Griner has learned firsthand about the harsh repercussions of marijuana possession. He refers to her crime as a political act rather than a serious offense.

Rogan said, “It’s horrible. It’s for nothing. It’s like she’s the clearest form of a political prisoner.” He further added, “No one should be in jail for weed.“

Rogan was moved by basketball player's Brittney Griner's ordeal and showed deep sympathy for her plight. Griner had been detained in Russia for several months after being arrested for carrying marijuana upon entering the country. Rogan was adamant that such an act should not result in arrest and such severe punishment, emphasizing the importance of a more lenient attitude.

Tags news epcelebs