Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

‘Keep on rocking’: Tina Turner beamed as she received Rock and Roll Hall of Fame trophy in final public appearance

2023-05-25 10:22
Tina Turner, who got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, made history as the first African-American artist and first woman to feature on Rolling Stone cover
‘Keep on rocking’: Tina Turner beamed as she received Rock and Roll Hall of Fame trophy in final public appearance

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND: Tina Turner was seen beaming ear-to-ear in her final public appearance before her death after she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2021. The legendary musician took to Instagram on October 31, 2021, to share a photo of herself brightly smiling while seating next to a piano and holding a trophy from the Hall of Fame.

“As you can surely tell from my beaming smile: I am thrilled to now be officially inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. What an honor!” The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll captioned her post at the time. “I am grateful to so many beloved people who believed in me and stood by me on my journey here – especially you, my fans. Keep on rocking! Love, Tina,” she added.

RELATED STORIES

Tina Turner: Queen of Rock 'n' Roll who had her first hits in the '60s dies at 83

'The world has lost a legend': Fans pay tribute to legendary singer and queen of Rock 'n' Roll Tina Turner who died at 83

‘I must have done something right’

After her induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Turner also shared a video expressing her gratitude for the honor. “Hi, everybody, it was really special when I heard that the Hall of Fame was giving me a trophy,” the then-81-year-old Turner said. “If they’re still giving me awards at 81, I must have done something right. Yeah, this is mine, only I don’t care of you now,” she said with a heartwarming laugh.

“I’m very happy to have this and to have achieved this Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” Turner mentioned while holding the statue. “It’s great. Thank you,” she concluded. Prior to her solo achievement, Turner was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Ike Turner in 1991.

Tina Turner is one of the best-selling recording artists of all time

Turner has been widely referred to as “The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll” for her contribution to rock and roll music. She has reportedly sold over 100 million records worldwide and is known as one of the best-selling recording artists of all time. Turner received 12 Grammy Awards, including eight competitive awards, three Grammy Hall of Fame awards, and a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.

The ‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’ singer also made history as the first African-American artist and the first woman to be featured on the cover of Rolling Stone. The magazine previously ranked her among the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time. Turner earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the St Louis Walk of Fame. She was also a 2005 recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors and Women of the Year award.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023, Turner’s representative confirmed to The Telegraph that the musician died at her home in Kusnacht near Zurich, Switzerland. The news of her demise was also announced on her official Instagram account. “It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner," the post read. “With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow. Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family. Tina, we will miss you dearly,” it concluded.