Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan and Tom Segura's controversial rant on 'fat models' goes viral, fans say 'few of them are also ugly'

2023-07-28 14:25
'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast host discussed plus-sized models with Tom Segura by bringing up remarks from the comedian Christina Pazsitzky
Joe Rogan and Tom Segura's controversial rant on 'fat models' goes viral, fans say 'few of them are also ugly'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, the renowned podcaster and UFC commentator, was joined by stand-up comedian Tom Segura in an episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience'. Among other topics, the duo delved into a deep conversation about the presence of plus-sized models in the fashion industry.

Both proceeded to share their thoughts on the aptness of plus-size models wearing swimsuits, and Rogan especially expressed his belief that swimwear is better suited for individuals with what he considers a "perfect body." So, keep reading to discover further details about Rogan and Segura's viewpoints.

Joe Rogan and Tom Segura's views on 'fat models'

In the 1844th episode 'JRE', Rogan welcomed Segura as the guest. The host initiated a discussion on the Canadian-American comedian Christina Pazsitzky's remarks on plus-size models as in one of her sets she had expressed that models who indulge in whatever they desire and still expect to be featured on magazine covers are not entitled to such privileges, which fetched her a lot of criticism. Following this, Segura shared his perspective, saying, "My thing is, when people go, you shouldn’t talk about other people’s body types, what are talking about? We’ve all got thoughts about other people’s bodies, you do it in your head, you do it yourself, you do it to your friends it’s part of the way our brains are organized is that you have a commentary about the attraction level of somebody else." Rogan agreed to it, saying, "100 percent," as Segura further added, "You go, I want my picture out there to show what I am, you have to be open to any criticism that comes along, just like if I sign up to say a thing, I’m open to the criticism about what I say."

He opined that both plus-sized models and comedians should be able to take negativities as once their content is online "it’s open season" for the public. Segura elaborated on the expectations for models, regardless of gender, saying, "If you’re a guy and a model, I want you to have an almost unattainable body, he’s got his six packs, beautiful skin and you go, that guy’s got the gift. For me, if you have a model that looks like the long-snapper for the Colts, I’m gonna say you’re not a model, I would say you should dig ditches or something like that." In response, Rogan reinforced the notion of models needing to have what society expects, "You’re not my kind of model, I don’t like the way your body looks, the whole idea behind the swimsuit edition is beautiful people with perfect bodies."

'Those who worked hard to achieve the body deserve recognition'

To no one's wonder, the clip of Rogan and Segura discussing plus-sized models went viral, and their followers left their opinions in the comment section. One follower said, "A women's beauty product advert (nivea i think but not sure) running in the UK at the moment has ALL obese models. A few of them are also ugly It's quite upsetting." Another user wrote, "Those who worked hard to achieve the body they want deserve recognition. Those who got their look from eating Twinkies, not so much," while one more added, "They had no problem telling models they were too skinny for health reasons, this is the same ❤ it’s hard love, it’s caring to actually be truthful…" "If my 12 year old self saw a 300lbs woman in that sports illustrated magazine. That would have scarred me for life," quipped one, with a user expressing, "When you realize how susceptible to subliminal marketing first world women became via ego-stroking, you just know some sales genius made a massive commission with the Body Positivity fast food industry slogan."